Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mavanger
Banned
MavangerBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon Empty
Private#1PostSubject: If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon   If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:02 am

High Inquisitor Filib MacNìll was on the prowl again. He had received three new squad members. The Acolyte Mournwood had replaced Jenkins. it was a shame, as Jenkins was a promising young man, with hope and faith and pride in his eyes. His life had been cut short by the man the next replacement was replacing. Cooke. He had spared a mage in a raid, who then rose up, killing Jenkins and severely injuring the team medic, Inquisitor Martinez. She had survived, the tough woman, albeit barely.

The replacement's name was Inquisitor Flanagan, the brother of the esteemed and accomplished High Inquisitor Flanagan of the Reich's navy. The third and final replacement was Initiate Asher. After witnessing the deaths of Jenkins and Cooke, with the near death of Martinez, the fifth member of his team has quietly put in for a transfer to the Marines. Nothing shameful on the man's part- Filib knew this job weighed heavy on the soul.

They were enroute to a mage encampment in the wilderness, equipped with the latest of the Reich's inventions- slag weapons and plasma shields. The cell they were after was considerably more dangerous than the mages they had fought last. They were responsible for an attack on a Reich military camp, killing four Reich troops and injuring several more. And while normally, he would hesitate to take experiments into such a battle, the last time they took a new piece of gear it had worked fabulously, allowing them to shrug off the light quickly cast spells.

The dropship set down, its rear ramp opening up to allow the team to file out, leaving their shields off as they looked around in tandem. It was foggy out, perfect for ambushing a camp. "Alpha, on me." he said. he opened up a map on his wristband, showing his squad the location of the camp. "We're here. The camp is here. We are going to split up, surround the camp. When we are in position, we will take them out in one fell swoop." he said. "Let's move out."
Back to top Go down
Mavanger
Banned
MavangerBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#2PostSubject: Re: If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon   If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:10 pm

As the squad split up, each of them checked their gear, making sure everything was in order. They each moved through the brush and the fog quietly.

"There's more fog than in a pothead's dorm room." Mournwood muttered, eliciting chuckles from the squad. They approached quietly, taking up positions behind rocks and bushes around the camp. Filib's sensors could pick up his squad.

"Sound off."

"Alpha two, in position."
"Alpha Three, in position."
"Alpha Four, In position."
"Alpha Five, in position."

With his squad in position, he smirked/ "Shields on, weapons ready." In the distance, he could see faint blue glows as the shields silently powered on. he powered up his own, raising it to chest level, aiming his SMG over the shield.

"Open fire!"
Back to top Go down
Mavanger
Banned
MavangerBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#3PostSubject: Re: If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon   If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:19 pm

In an instant, the eerie quiet of the forest was erased, replaced with the chaotic sounds of fighting. As Filib let out a battle cry and charged, he opened fire into the camp whenever he saw the mages. One was sitting on the ground, chanting. As spells flew left and right, he charged, firing his weapon into the man. the man let out a strangled cry as he fell to the floor, dead. Immediately, the fog began to dissipate. It had only been a spell.

As the fog lifted, he snapped around just in time to block a hastily cast fireball, which splashed against and around the plasma shield. He returned fire, emptying the rest of his magazine into the man who had attacked him. Martinez came up behind him, pressing her back against his, raising her own shield.

"Martinez has the right idea! Form up, Alpha!"
Back to top Go down
Mavanger
Banned
MavangerBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#4PostSubject: Re: If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon   If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:27 pm

The squad was scattered, that much was certain, and they were fighting mages who had already attacked Reich troops before fleeing to the forests of Sansisk. As it were, they fought hard enough that if they did not have these shield, they would have certainly needed another team of witchhunters in the area to support. However, the shields held true as the rest of his squad joined him and Martinez, forming a shield wall facing to the outside.

A massive wall of rock rose up from the ground, a mage standing on top of it. An elementalist, and a skilled one at that it seemed. he fired a bolt of lighting, and when Filib rose his shield to block it, it did so, but the energy proved too much for the shield, and it sputtered out as its circuits shorted out. He reloaded his SMG, opening fire on the mage on the wall.
Back to top Go down
Mavanger
Banned
MavangerBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#5PostSubject: Re: If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon   If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:36 pm

The mage fell to the ground, tumbling down his own rock wall. Even with all his spells he couldn't stop bullets. he glanced around, looking for more mages. Fortunately, the fight was already over, The rest of the mages lay dead or dying, their blood soaking the ground. Once again the Reich had brought it's fury down upon the heretic mages, and it would continue to do so until there were no mages left.

"Eagle 264, this is Alpha One. Mission was a complete success, requesting pickup on my coordinates."

"Alpha One, this is Eagle 264. I read you loud and clear. Good job down there. I'm on route now. It'll be a few minutes."

"Understood, ma'am. See you soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Private#6PostSubject: Re: If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon   If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon Empty

Back to top Go down

If Devotion Is My Shield, Then This Fire Is My Weapon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1