Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Chapter 5: Key to the Gate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Chapter 5: Key to the Gate C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End

Chapter 5: Key to the Gate Empty
Faction#1PostSubject: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Chapter 5: Key to the Gate Star-wars-1313-art-2
Objective: Find the Artificer

After travelling by ship and taxi shuttle, Jaya and Gavin finally arrived at the streets of Hoxton. A small borough in the city of London, it had not benefitted as greatly from the great technology brought forth in the UNSC's establishment. Many parts could be consider slums, and it was known to harbour what was effectively the shady underworld of the city. Through these dense streets the two walked, en route to meet up with the 'friend' Gavin had mentioned was on-planet. Jaya was suspicious, but at the end of the day they needed all the help they could get to find what they were looking for.

Speaking of which, Jaya looked down at the picture of the man they were ultimately seeking. A grimey polaroid of a man who seemed to be wrapped in bandages much like a mummy, yet wore a strange monocle like those of a jeweler inspecting gems. He was known as the Artificer, and it was said if anyone could activate the gateway to the centre of the galaxy, it would be him. But first, there was the friend to meet.
"So, where are they?" Jaya asked, looking up at the much taller Gavin.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#2PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:21 pm

"Right around the corner sweetheart." A voice spoke with a bit of a smug tone, the voice obviously female. A girl emerged from around the corner of an alleyway, a smirk on her face. The girl was almost an identical copy of Kittiana, aside for the fact that she didn't have any scars on her like her sister did. She was dressed simply, a white t-shirt and leather jacket paired with skinny jeans and sneakers. If someone didn't know any better they would simply think she was a teenager on the wrong side of town. 

She walked towards the two, the smirk slipping into a genuine smile. She put her hand out to Jaya, her blue eyes bright. "You must be Jaya, I haven't seen you in awhile. Not that you've seen me anyway, I tend to stick to Kitty's shadows. I'm Diana, your aunt."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#3PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:32 pm

Gavin frowned slightly as he looked at Diana.
"Aren't you supposed to be at the mansion? Where's Silas?"
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#4PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Jaya almost summoned a fireball in her hand before realising the surprise appearance was Gavin's friend. Only a few moments later did she notice that the woman looked remarkably like her own mother, and it only clicked when she spoke. "Aunt?" She tilted her head, having heard about this for the first time. "I didn't know I had one." It was then she relaxed, being less suspicious of the no longer mysterious acquaintence.

"You're here to help us, right?"
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#5PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 4:41 pm

"It's fine sweetheart, Kitty didn't even know I was alive for a good couple centuries." She gave Jaya a cool smile before rolling her eyes at Gavin. "Ah, Silas is a bit... indisposed at the moment. Probably on his third shower, I may or may not have dyed his skin blue for a bit because he lost a bet. He'll join us later." Diana chuckled, running a hand through her straight red hair. That was one of the telling differences between her and Kitty, Kitty usually wore her hair curly. 

"Definitely here to help, the mansion is boring. Plus I wanted to officially meet my niece." She gave Jaya another smile before putting a hand on her hip and smirking at Gavin. 

"So, where are we headed?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#6PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:17 pm

"Well, we're here to find someone, I didn't want to have to include you on this mission but now that you're here..."
He sighed and then looked down at Jaya.
"Any ideas where we should head next? This place isn't exactly the type you'd want to hang about for too long.." He said as he looked up and about the dark alleyways and dirty, littered pathways.
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#7PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:30 pm

"According to the intel he has a workshop just east of here," Jaya pointed down a specific alleyway which looked particularly unpleasant. "That way." She nodded, beginning the walk without giving either of them a second glance. However she did explain who The Artificer was along the way. "The guy we're looking for is an inventor and researcher, he loves all things magical and studies them nearly all day. If anyone can power the gateway it'll be him." A small pause indicated a thought process. "Although we'll have to persuade him to help us, he doesn't exactly work out of the kindness of his heart..." She scratched her chin, continuing down the street whilst thinking what they had to offer.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#8PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:36 pm

Diana's smile widened into a vaguely mad grin, cracking her knuckles. "I can make him help." The tips of Diana's fingers frosted over for a moment before the frost disappeared, following after her niece. 

"How's my sister doing Gavin? Reckless as ever? I assume shes back, that's why you didn't want to call me." She gave Gavin a bit of a side eye glare, tying her hair up with a pony tail holder. She was tempted to frost the puddle he was about to step in, make him fall on his ass. She gave into the temptation and flicked her wrist at it, the dirty puddle quickly frosting over. 

"It's probably why Silas wouldn't give me the phone a few days ago."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#9PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 5:48 pm

As Gavin followed Jaya, Diana's question caught his ear.
"A bit of a long story, I'll explain it all later when-"
He slipped on the puddle, his leg sliding forward and he almost fell sideways. However his other leg moved to support his body weight from that side and he managed to catch himself. He then turned to glare at Diana.

"Don't try to aggravate me Diana, I don't answer to you and I certainly don't answer to her. Much like you refuse to stay where you are told to stay despite there being a clear and present danger against your well-being. But what do I care, Kitty's back so you're her problem now."
He then continued to walk after Jaya.
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#10PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:12 pm

"Can you two try to be professional when we get there?" Jaya glanced back while walking with a dissapointed look on her face. "He won't help us if you two argue, now let's get a move on." She turned forwards again and picked up the pace, before reaching an odd little building nestled in the alleyway of much taller houses. With a small knock and a push of the door, Jaya made her way inside.

"Hm," The bandaged man spoke as soon as she entered. He stood behind a desk littered with papers, gems and tools, whilst he lifted his monocle from inspecting one such jewel. "A dragon? In my shop?"
"A dragon?" Jaya replied, stopping dead in her tracks in surprise at him.
"Hang on," The Artificer approached her, examining her closely. "Ah no, no. You are no dragon, but one's magic lies heavily upon you. You're much older than you look, am I right?" He stood with his arms by his hips, proud of working out the reason for his confusion. "A powerful enchantment has kept your body young, and I'm assuming you don't know why?"

Jaya shook her head, only hearing about this enchantment on herself for the first time. In bewilderedment she looked to the others with her, hoping they'd assist in this meeting which had turned already more difficult than she'd expected.

"Now then, what do you want?" The man asked, looking up at the older looking two.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#11PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:30 pm

"We want your help." Diana's tone was no longer mocking, the smile morphing into a serious expression. She leaned against the doorway, afixing a death glare on the Artifacter. "And I'm afraid we will not be taking no for an answer."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#12PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Gavin stepped around Jaya so that he was now the closest to the Artificer.
"We haven't got much time, so let me get straight to the point. Now if you haven't been living under a rock, you'd know how everyone's panicked about the random stars and planets appearing across the galaxy. Hell, it's got the UEG's attention. Well we've been told by certain... sources.. that there is this being called the Starforger who's making all this happen. Some of our friends have been infiltrating its territory at the heart of the galaxy with a UNSC fleet but we need your help."

He paused to look at Jaya and then carried on.
"We've been told that you're the only one that can open some sort of... gate on the planet Kiltorna. We NEED access to that gate. The entire galaxy is at risk here."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#13PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Adjusting the monocle on his eye to look closely at Gavin, the Artificer crossed his arms. "I see, the gateway to the centre of the galaxy. I know of it, used it once actually a long time ago." He turned to inspect Diana for a moment, before turning to look around his workshop. "You're very desperate and your cause is noble, but I don't work for free." His head turned back slightly to ask. "Why should I help you? Should this galaxy perish, I could easily find another, why should I care?"
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#14PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 pm

"I could just shove an icicle up your ass." Diana cocked her head to the side, raising an eyebrow at the man. She brought her hand up, frost spreading across it for effect. 

"But i'm not my sister so I'll give you a chance."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#15PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Gavin looked to Diana with a glare.
"You are NOT helping." He said sharply.
He then turned back to look at the Artificer with a calmed expression, his tone also softening to a respectful one.

"Another galaxy? So you're like what..? A transgalactic alien? Well.. what would you want in exchange?"
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#16PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 8:14 am

"You're a fiesty one," The man chuckled, before turning to answer Gavin. "I'm no alien, I just know methods of escaping this galaxy. Yet you would have me do the opposite and get you to the center." He thought for a moment, examining the group of them. "I would help you for the chance to study the Starforger, whether you defeat it or not the chance to witness it could better my research. However, the gateway on Kiltorna is not easy to get in to. To activate it you must be attuned to it, so you'll need a servant of the Starforger..." His hand trailed across his desk, studying a scroll or two. "So you'll have to find someone working for him, take him to the gateway, and then we can begin the activation." He nodded, going through the process in his head to ensure it was correct. "Then you'll have your shot at the Starforger, although I'm curious as to how you think you'll be able to defeat him. He's the most powerful dragon in the universe, always has been."
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#17PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 3:41 pm

Diana shrugged, the frost melting from her fingertips. "Don't suppose you have one of the Starforgers little minions do you?" She glanced at Gavin, tilting her head to the side. She wanted to ask if she could come with them, she wanted to see her sister.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#18PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 5:29 pm

"We do actually" Gavin said while looking at Diana, then back at The Artificer.
"Eli. We managed to capture him during a skirmish on Seraph IV, but as far as I've heard..." 
He sighed, "he's been a tough one to crack."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#19PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 7:15 pm

"Eli, ah yes. A troublesome man. He should suffice though, you must take me to him." He looked down at Jaya, expecting her to reply.
"Very well, aslong as we have your help."
"Of course, aslong as I get to study the Starforger."
"Then it's a deal." Jaya nodded, before turning to the others. "We'll take you to the base on Seraph IV where Eli's being held. Diana, are you going to be joining us? We're going to need all the help we can get when we face the Starforger."
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#20PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 7:22 pm

"Oh most definitely. I've been waiting centuries for the chance to yell at my sister again." A grin formed on the girl's face, cracking her knuckles. "Should I still call Silas?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#21PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 8:11 pm

"Forget him, getting him will only prolong everything." Gavin said to Diana, before turning to look to the Artificer, and then Jaya.
"Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Elijah Almis
Level 5
Elijah Almis

The Last Traveller

Character
Neutral
Arcanist
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Dead

Awards

Faction#22PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:01 pm

"Visitors..." Eli smirked as Gavin, Diana, and The Artificer entered the small containment room. In his true demon form as per usual in recent times, he examined them with burnt-out eye sockets that glowed green, now visible thanks to the conviscation of his blindfold. "What do you want, Ghost Rider." As he spoke he slowly moved his demonic hands, although very minimally since they were restricted by the large chains holding him down.

"I see," The Artificer glanced to Gavin, having heard of the alter ego within him through legends, as was expected of a historian and researcher such as himself. "And you must be Eli, I've heard of you, although you shadow in comparison to the tales of your brothers. How does that feel?"

In response Eli merely scowled, almost growling at The Artificer's insults, although they obviously struck a nerve.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#23PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Diana whispered in Gavin's ear, looking at Eli out of the corner of her eye. "Who's his brother again? I forget. Oh wait nevermind." She then looked at Eli again, tilting her head to the side as she studied him. She had never seen a demon in it's true form before, but surprisingly she wasn't scared. She almost felt a bit bad for him, she knew what it was like to hide in a siblings shadow. 

"Hey Glowstick hows about you do us all a huge favor and give up the goods now, eh? Make things go along a bit quicker."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction#24PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:29 pm

Gavin stepped forward with a frown on his face.
"Listen very clearly, because we don't have time for games here. You're gonna help us open that gate at Kiltorna, and you're gonna do so without any trouble. The Artificer will tell you exactly what you need to do when we're there. And there's no point resisting, we're the ones who''ve taken you prisoner keep in mind, so if you even show the slightest sign of aggression... welll.."
He looked back at Diana.
"I'd imagine fire and ice don't mix well.."
Back to top Go down
Elijah Almis
Level 5
Elijah Almis

The Last Traveller

Character
Neutral
Arcanist
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Dead

Awards

Faction#25PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 11:08 pm

"Maybe I would rather die than help you and be trapped here forever." Eli gritted, staring Gavin dead on and pulling forward on his chains. "You don't understand, I cannot betray the Starforger. I know his true identity, I owe him my life. You will never understand." He seemed to settle in his bindings, but the rage inside was still clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faction#26PostSubject: Re: Chapter 5: Key to the Gate   Chapter 5: Key to the Gate Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 5: Key to the Gate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next