Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

GSU Fleet Development

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
GSU Fleet Development C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End

GSU Fleet Development Empty
GSU Fleet Development Empty#1PostSubject: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

GSU Fleet Development 795b57d6c7bbc74f5aa108b15edbf577
Hoxton Shipyards, Earth

The automatic metal doors slid open for the entrance of Jaya and Talis, each flanked by an advisor from seperate Union worlds. Once they reached the holographic table at the end of the room, a group of several Fae then followed. At the head of the room they greeted an old human male, who himself was accompanied by a red-haired female and a bald male. Small pleasantries were quickly swapped, before the old man spoke.

"I'm Chief Engineer Stockholm, the UEG's representing overseer for this development." He pressed a hand to his chest to introduce himself. "These are Assistants Lee and Holmes." His hand then gestured to the two humans with him respectively. 
"We are the Architects of the Stars," One of the Fae introduced themselves, to which all of them nodded in unison. " We look forward to our combining of knowledge for this endeavor."

"Indeed, I believe we have much to benefit from this." Talis spoke proudly as usual, his 'King' voice taking hold. "Lady Jaya, would you care to brief the committee?" He smiled down at the Queen, moving a hand towards the table.
"Of course," Jaya smiled back at Talis, before sharing her expression with the rest of the room. "Our first matter, the Frigate."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#2PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:09 pm

GSU Fleet Development Arion_frigate_commission_by_adamkop-d7b0uvn

Jaya waved her hand to make a hologram appear on the table; a sleek looking ship that held the specifications for a battle-ready frigate. Both the Humans and the Fae examined the readout closely, before Jaya continued to speak.
"An Aurora-class Frigate, outfitted with Plasma Missiles for ship-to-ship combat, and point-defense laser turrets for engagements with fighter crafts." Her explanation was met with nods of understanding and curiosity, with some people jotting down notes. "A single Mass Accelerator will constitute the main cannon, allowing for a strong way to create a breaking point in the enemy formation."

"Interesting..." One of the Fae nodded, narrowing his eyes at the hologram.
"Our developments in Plasma technology and Mass Acceleration should mean we can cover the weaponry." Stockholm explained with one hand scratching the stubble on his face. "But that kind of loadout will require some serious power source."
"Leave that to us." The Fae added.
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#3PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm

"So we've got a powerful arsenal, and by the looks of it a mobile design, I'd suggest spending time on upgrading the engines to make this a quick and hard hitter." Assistant Holmes said, pointing to the rear of the hologram that displayed four engines. 
"I agree," Talis nodded, gesturing himself to the top curve on the ship. "Thrusters along the hull of the ship should help with maneuverability, although if these are our focuses we will lose on shielding."
"If it is fast and reliable, shields should not be too much of a problem." One of the Fae added, making extra notes. 

"Very well, if we are in agreement with the plans and work loads, we should continue to production of the parts," Jaya nodded, giving everyone an equal glance. "I shall accompany and overseer your weaponry manufacture Engineer Stockholm, whilst Talis monitors his peoples progress on the power source."
"Very well." Stockholm replied.
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#4PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 pm

The next day Jaya stood over a large warehouse of workers, each individually moving between workstations to produce their designated component in team. Beside her was Chief Engineer Stockholm who was also overseeing the cycle with an interested gaze.
"I never thought the day would come that we would be getting rid of those piles of junk the UNSC called ships," Stockholm chuckled, tapping a few buttons on his tablet. "This Union might be the best thing Humanity's had for a long time, I'm glad they didn't screw it up this time."
"Me too." Jaya smiled, scanning over the sea of workers.

"Sir," An assistant approached the two of them, yet addressed Stockholm. "The Plasma Missiles are ready with optimal payload. Heat-seeking functionality was also compatible."
"Excellent," He grinned like a child at christmas, making notes of the report on his tablet. "What about the Mass Accelerator?"
"It's well under way Sir, Alpha suggests it should be ready for mass production within the week." 
"Perfect, let's get these bad boys in the factories. Have them sanction us a place on Reach too, I want distributed work loads and rally points."
"Yes Sir."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#5PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:28 pm

"Your majesty," The Fae in charge of construction bowed as Talis entered the room, gesturing a nod towards a large crystal the others were huddled around. It glowed a soft blue and was the size of a large car, yet it's edges seemed rough and unrefined.
"How far is it off completion?" Talis asked, standing over the group of workers and examining downwards at their actions.
"A day or two and it should be perfect," The Fae nodded in reply. "The weaving proved difficult at first, but our Seers cracked the problem and now the energy holds itself together. It should even be compatible with the Human circuits of engineering."
"Interesting, good work." Talis gave a smile, before circling the crystal towards another group.

"We're almost done, your Majesty," A Fae from this group spoke up, glancing away from the engine core he was working on. "These are faster than anything the Human's have ever had."
"Good, we like to uphold our pride in shipwork." Talis smiled again, continuing to watch over the two groups work.
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#6PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Over a week after the initial productions, Jaya, Talis, Stockholm, and the others all stood upon the balcony watching over a series of metallic shells which at the moment vaguely resembled the shape of their planned ship.
"Production is 40% underway, with no major hindrances so far." Stockholm read off the report on his tablet, smiling proudly as he did. "The Fae's crystal core is perfectly compatible with our internal wiring, and their engines reach capacities beyond our previous capabilities."
"As promised." Talis flashed a smirk towards Jaya.

"Once this first wave is ready we will have a weapons test ready immediately. When they pass it, a warp test will follow, before it's finally certified into our fleet." Stockholm finished off.
"Very good," Jaya nodded, glancing at the ships in progress. "I look forward to seeing them in action."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#7PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 pm

"How's it going?" Jaya asked, placing a hand on the arm of Talis as she looked beyond him out of the window. The view was that of the shipyards bustling with workers and robots, finishing off constructions of the Aurora-Class frigate. 
"Very well, the first batch is almost complete. Tests should be underway shortly." Talis smiled down at Jaya, following her gaze towards the ships. "How are you?"
"I'm fine," Jaya laughed, instinctively placing her hand over her stomach. "We're fine." She sighed happily, before turning to the nearby table. 

"So what is it next?" Talis asked, also approaching the holographic table.
"A heavy cruiser, something stronger to compensate for the frigates weak shielding." Jaya nodded, bringing up a rough holographic image of a triangular cruiser. "I'll work on the details and brief the team in a few days."
"Very well."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#8PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 10:15 pm

GSU Fleet Development A58q6KS

"The Phalanx Class Heavy Cruiser," Jaya gestured to the new hologram of a large triangular ship, with yet again detailed annotations floating around. "Strong shielding and hull with weapons priority on orbital bombardment and point-defense. This will be our major personnel and command cruiser, either for inserting troops into orbit for assault or for protecting our officers in the fleet."
"So cannons for dealing with enemy fighters, plenty of hangar space, and drop pods." Stockholm suggested, looking to the others in the room.

"We shall produce more crystals for these cruisers." The Fae nodded, noting down in their pads. "Also our energy weapons could provide great orbital bombardment."
"Very well," Jaya scanned everyone in the room. "Let's get to work."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#9PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 9:52 pm

"So," Stockholm spoke up whilst typing calculations into his computer, giving an off-glance to Jaya. "There must be a reason for these advancements. Is there a war coming?" The old man sounded rather concerned, but Jaya merely smirked.
"Precautions, I assure you," She replied. "It's my hope there will be no more wars, but we must be prepared to keep our people safe from whatever threats there are."
"I get that," The engineer nodded, continuing his typing. "I saw the Demon War, it wasn't pretty. Don't want my children to have to suffer through any wars like I did."
"Me too." Jaya sighed.

"This next batch of crystals are going well, your majesty." The Fae bowed slightly to Talis, extending it's arm to the workers behind him. "They will power even the largest ships we wish to make."
"Very good," Talis nodded. "Let us hope our orbital bombardment development goes this well."
"I assure you, your majesty."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#10PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 12:45 pm

"These are our strongest shields yet," Assistant Holmes proudly announced, pointing her finger to the holographic diagrams shown over the table. "They can withstand full-scale assault from multiple destroyers, so as our transport and command ships this Phalanx-Class should work perfectly."
"Excellent," Stockholm nodded, glancing at Jaya. "I'll ensure we get the Union's strongest metalworkers together on crafting the hull."
"Good, once that's in order then production will be ready to start. I assume the point-defense cannons are already prepared."
"Aye, ready for implementation along all sides of the ship." Stockholm gestured to the diagram in the places he spoke of.
In reply Jaya gave a satisfied nod.
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#11PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 pm

GSU Fleet Development 3pCFJhQ

"Everything so far has to come together now," Jaya spoke with a serious tone, activating a hologram of one much larger ship. "At 1500 meters this will be our main destroyer, the Thor-Class Destroyer." Her hand swiped over the console, causing the hologram to zoom onto a large cannon design atop the ship. "This is a Plasma Focus Cannon, capable of firing plasma energy over long distance to punch straight through standard ship hulls. Once an enemy's ships shields are down, this will help deliver the finishing blow."

Everyone around the table began nodding and jotting down notes, some quite impressed by the design.
"Focus our Cruisers defense technology into this Destroyer aswell, then mount Plasma missiles and point-defense turrets to defend this Plasma Cannon." Jaya glanced at Stockholm, who showed his acknowledgement.
"Sounds good, we will get to work manufacturing the cannons straight away."
Back to top Go down
Jaya Veilsong
Level 21
Jaya Veilsong

Queen of Phoenixspire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Cleric
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

GSU Fleet Development Empty#12PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm

"I had heard about what happened to your father's friend on Asgard," Talis approached Jaya from the door behind, half-examining the hologram whilst she watched out the window overlooking the shipyard. "It was a shame, but atleast his name will live on." He nodded towards the Thor-Class Destroyers that were beginning construction just outside their view.
"Yeah, I never knew him myself but... My mother and father both spoke highly of him. In fact, I've never even been to Asgard." Jaya shrugged at the thought.
"Well then, it can be one of the first trips for us three." Talis rested a hand on Jaya's stomach, to which she smiled.

"You know, there are plans to make an Odin-Class too, but not within this batch. More of a super destroyer, no doubt classified information at the moment." Jaya smirked, before turning away to a console.
"The Humans have more honour than I first thought. You were right about them after all."
"No, my father was right..." Jaya sighed, shaking her head at the fact she was giving her father any credit at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GSU Fleet Development Empty#13PostSubject: Re: GSU Fleet Development   GSU Fleet Development Empty

Back to top Go down

GSU Fleet Development

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1