Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Humans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#1PostSubject: Humans   Humans EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 pm

The small scrawny figure emerged from underneath the rock ledge from which he had been hiding.  He scanned the rocky beach in all directions before slinking towards the water mindfull of his surroundings.  Here in the open he was vulnerable it was much safer when you could have solid earth and stone surrounding you on multiple sides.  Reaching the water he dipped his hands into it raising cupped hands to his lips.  Water was such a wonderfull thing even if this water was lacking the scum over the top that he was used to. The sight of a large fish in the water caused his mouth to begin salivating he'd been hiding under that rock for too long and the fish would do his body good.  He watched the movements of the fish in the water anticipating each one.  As he studied the fish he began chanting before reaching down to touch the surface of the water.  As he did a spear of water thrust from the water impaling the large trout upon it.  Kaeda gratefully, and greedily, grabbed the fish before making a beeline for the ledge from which he had emerged.  The sound of hoofbeats in the distance hastening him along.

"Here?"

"Yes here is as good a spot as any.  Fresh clean water and open terrain.  We'll put out a couple of scouts but I doubt we'll need them this far from their lines."

"Very well.  Captain?"

"Yes seargant?"

"May I send a few men accross the river to gather some wood? The rocks here are going to make sleeping difficult."

"I've been trying to tell you you and your men are too soft.  Permission denied.  Maybe a rough night sleep is just what your men need to get them acting like men."

Kaeda stared in anger at the new figures who had dared to disturb his domain.  He had heard something about them sleeping poorly.  That would only make their moods worsen and increase the liklihood of him being seen.  He'd seen humans before and nothing god had ever come from the encounters.  They were quick to judge based on his short stature and number of warts if nothing else.  Kill that evil thing seemed to be the standard phrase from the backguards.  It was best to stay out of their way if at all possible, but they weren't making it very easy this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t931-kaeda
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#2PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 7:55 pm

The men hurried through their routines getting a camp of sorts set up.  Tents were hurridly erected large tents for the enlisted and then a smaller officer tent.  Yet another tent was set up different from the others and Kaeda watched intrigued as a figure ran about lashing about with a large wooden spoon.

"Hurry up! Pull that rope tight.  Not that tight you idiot you're pulling up the stake on the other side.  Hands of of those.  That's breakfast in the morning.  Touch that ale again I dare you.  It'll be the last thing you ever do."

He'd never witnessed anything like this bunch.  The organization was something to behold as was the temper on that one.  He'd make a point to avoid him.  Kaeda stared at the beasts as well.  Great four legged monstrosities they seemed fairly docile though.  More intent on eating grains then flesh.  That was a pity more bodies woulde have been better.  He had a bit of a plan for making these guys go away.  He grinned watching the man with the spoon throwing the dead bodies of fish into a small pile what a fool he was.  This could work although it was going to take preparation to do so.

Golems were first on the list.  Small and not powerfull in the least these were meant to stir up confusion in the men and not much more.  Next he'd reanimate the bones of the fish and send them after the man with the spoon.  He seemed to be easily angered and maybe he would rub off on the other men.  The last part was going to take the most time and effort to pull off but if it worked was going to be well worth the effort.  Kaeda took the next three hours performing a spell to get the waters to begin "boiling".  The lack of heat made the spell many times more simple but it was still taxing to the point of exhausting.  With all three spells cued and ready to be unleashed Kaeda sat back and waited for dusk.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#3PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:23 pm

While he waited he watched the men more intently the men in the smaller tents seemed to command more respect than the other men.  However, the other men showed a complete irreverence for them when they weren't around.  Two of the men spent a crazy amount of time with the beasts brushing them and talking to them.  It was sickening it looked like the men were trying to well gross.  He turned his gaze towards the tent with the man with the spoon.  He must be some sort of cook.  That made a certain kind of sense he guessed.  As the daylight dwindled away Kaeda grinned at the number of men gathered around the cook's tent.  That was sheer perfection.

At his command five earthen golems rose from the ground in the middle of the men's camp and began walking towards the various tents.  A call went up from the first man to them followed by a series of other calls.  Kaeda watched in a horrific fascination as oe of the respected men came out and with a small wave of a a gloved hand sent the golems back int othe earth.  From the cook's tent came a loud cry followed by howling laughter.

"I killed and ate you already get on out of here.  You've no business here.  Go away before I make fish bone stew out of you."

The spoon thwacked down repeatedly but there was no fear.  Kaegan stared at the laughing men surrounding the cook confused.  Perhaps the water would cause some fear then? 

The water came forth in giant bursts throwing fish up from the depths to the surface.  Small whirlpools opened up and churning waters sprayed those on the shore.  Men watched in fascination before calling out for the officers.  Once again a gloved man became involved.  Once again the man waved his hand and Kaeda's hard work vanished into nothingness.

"Men I want you to search every inch of the camp and the surrounding area.  I want to know whos idea of a sick joke this was and I want to find out yesterday."
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#4PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Kaeda swore violently all of his efforts wasted and now he was to be hunted like some kind of animal.  It wasn't right.  He wished he had the raw power to lay waste to these human vermin but knew he wasn't even remotely close to the level of magic.  He would be forced to do what he'd been doing most of his life.  Running and hiding.  The joys of being a goblin in a world of superior beings. 

Thankfull for the oncoming darkness that night brought he crept out from under his ledge and headed towards the water.  There was a certain level of safety brought on by water magic when one was surrounded by the substance.  With one eye on the human camp he cast a spell to allow his to breathe underwater before sinking below the surface.  He'd find someplace to take a nap and then maybe even catch another fish.  By then hopefully the humans would have given up the search and moved on.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#5PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 2:46 pm

"Captain over here."

The call rang out and then was carried by others and soon men from all around the camp began running towards Kaeda's location.  The goblin was torn between searching for some rock to hide under or increasing his pace and running to the water.  The water seemed like the better alternative though.  Damn these humans.  He began sprinting towards the water as fast as his short legs would take him.  He cursed when a trio of men blocked his way to the water.

"And where exactly do you think you're going friend?"

"I think he's missing a hot date with the captain."

"Think we might just try barbequed goblin tonight instead of fish, don't you?"

Kaeda doubted any of the three oafs could perform any type of magical feats and thanked the ancients for the fact.  A quick spell later and all three men's eyes were covered in mud.  It wouldn't slow them down for long but maybe just long enough for him to reach the water.  He continued his sprint to the water's edge just getting his feet wet before the night was illuminated in front of him.

The captain sat astride his horse chest deep in the water.  A large staff held in one hand emmited a pale white glow in all directions.  He stared down at the goblin attemtping to flee.  With a wave of the staff Kaeda was plucked from the water and hovered in front of the man in a ball of energy.

"What was the point of you toying with us? Don't you realize we're on a mission here, a vital one? I don't have time to deal with you propperly.  Do I need to?"

The not so subtly implied threat was enough to make Kaeda cringe.  No he didn't need to do anything but let him go.  He'd get the hell away from these humans as fast as he could and hope that he never saw them again.  Damn them and there magical mastery.  Damn them just damn them.

"Let me go and you'll never see me again.  I swear it on the bodies of the ancients."

The captain laughed softly at Kaeda's oath.

"The bodies? You goblins eat your dead.  There are no bodies.  Your promises are worthless."

With a wave of the staff he flung Kaeda through the air.

"May we never see each other again goblin.  The day we do is the day I regret not taking your life."

Kaeda picked himself up off of the ground daring a glare back at the man before dusting himself off.  Chased off of his own small patch of earth by a band of men how humiliating.  Still better to be alive and humiliated then dead.  He'd follow the course of the river and see where it took him.  Better to be close to a source of water than away from it and have his already limited magical abilities wane.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#6PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 4:28 pm

The next two days passed without anything outside of the normal occurring.  Kaeda's routine became a lazy walk followed by fishing and sleeping under the occasional rock.  It was the life he had grown accustomed to of late and there was nothing wrong with a quiet if boring life.  The next day started the same as the previous two quiet and uneventfull.  A lazy stroll along the bank of the river took a strange turn though as Kaeda witnessed violent bloodshed first hand. 

The klang of steel on steel was loud and close.  Kaeda found the thought both intriguing and scary at the same time.  Intriguing won out in this case as he walked towards the sound of battle.  The river bend ahead meant he couldn't see any part of the battle until he was much closer.  Deciding he didn't want to accidentally wade in to a war and become a casualty the shaman moved away from the river and into the treeline.  There he cautiously began moving towards the sounds of combat.

Around the bend men in armor wielding swords and lance were hacking and slashing at other armored men.  Magicians on both sides wielded powerfull spells to sway the field of battle as well.  Tornados, fireballs, explosions and myriad undead were all loosed as each fought to give their side victory.  The screams of horses and of wounded men could be heard plainly through the trees.

Kaeda crept towards the river and the sounds of combat unsure of what he would find.  He had never witnessed a battle before.  Moving as silently as he could he almost stumbled upon a man standing facing the battle wielding a crossbow.  Kaeda reversed course and looked around surprised to see other men, many other men all wielding crossbows.  Not dressed in the white armor or the black armor of the combatants by the water's edge these men were dressed in brown and greens blending in with the trees and shrubbery around them. 

As Kaeda studied them one of the men fired a bolt from his crossbow.  The hiss of the bolt releasing was soon followed by a strange wail coming from the flying projectile.  As it sailed through the air singing its strange song the men in black armor retreated from combat.  As soon as the last of the men had moved away hell was let loose.  Crossbow bolts smashed into men and horses alike.  Bolts went through armor as if the armor didn't even exist.  As soon as the first volley was loosed the men picked up loaded crossbows next to them and at some hidden signal once again loosed a horrendous volley.

The men in black armor dismounted and began a casual stroll back up the river bank pausing every now and again to assist their enemy on their way to hell's gates.  As they made their way through the white armored soldiers systematically killing them they stopped at one in particular....
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#7PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Kaeda didn't wanted to move in closer to see what was special about this particualr man but didn't dare.  The army of crossbowmen remained as they were.  From his positoin he could see what looked like the leader of the men in black conversing with the other man.  The conversation must have taken a turn for the worse for within minutes the man in black armor began shouting.

"Tell me where it is or so help me I'll keep you alive for years each hour of your miserable existence you'll beg harder for death than the hour before.  You know I have men at my disposal who would like nothing more than to keep you in pain for eternity.  You tell me what I want to hear or I'll give you over to them."

The hushed, whispered, conversations of the archers revealed much of what was going on by the river.  The two warring sides appeared to be after the same thing.  Some kind of strange mystical object that was supposed to aid in uniting the various races.  The snickering that followed the conversations left Kaeda very, very sure that uniting the races for a good purpose wasn't quite what was on the agenda.  Lost in his own thoughts he almost didn't hear the leader of the men in black's next tirade.

"I know you sent your son after it.  Where is he? How long has he been gone? I'm going to find Captain Greaves and his men and butcher them all.  But I'm going to make you watch your son die at my hand.  I'm going to make you live with the knowledge you could have stopped his suffering and chose not too.  Yes, you're gong to live a long, long time old man."

Kaeda wasn't sure if the Captain he had encountered was the same Captain Greaves but he could be.  His blood cooled in his veins as he thought through the implications of what he was hearing.  He could try and warn the Captain.  But there was the parting words from him.  He could do nothing and just go along his way.  It sounded good but what was at stake? He wasn't sure.  The thought terrified him.  He knew he was going to regret his choice.  Back through the woods and headed the opposite direction with the flow of the river always nearby.  He only hoped he, and his short legs, would be able to make it back in time.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#8PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Feeling free from the prying eyes of the black armored men Kaeda returned to water.  He had a spell or two to try out and he hoped they would help him with the problem of moving slowly.  With his feet in the water he began chanting and was impressed with himself as he found himself lifted to the surface of the water.  The next spell would take massive amounts of time and energy he had neither.  However, he believed it would work to a limited degree before the complete spell was cast.  Believed was a strong word.  He hoped.

From the surface of the water he began chanting and as he did waters pushed up against his back.  Following the same currents as the river always held the small wave of water began propelling him down the river at a much faster speed than he could ever have done on his own.  The only bad thing about water and speed... Kaeda cursed as he was deposited on a river bank.  The turn in the river had been too sharp.  Time to start again and hope there weren't too many more surprises along the way.  The new way of traveling was something that he could get uses to.  In addition to the speed of movement he had been able to eat at his leisure.  The occasional fish had been caught up in the wave pushing him and he had only to reach in and grasp it.  Eating it raw wasn't too big of a problem for the goblin he'd eaten worse.

As the sun began to pass the horizon Kaeda knew he would have to leave the wave behind.  It was a time saver for sure but he needed to be able to see where he was going for his own safety as wel as the safety of anybody around the riverbanks.  For now he'd have to settle for finding someplace to hide for the night and try heading out first thing in the morning.

Light came and Kaeda was once again on the surface of the water chanting.  Like before a wave of water approached from behind and began pushing him along the surface.  Such an easier way to travel than walking.  Kaeda enjoyed the ride and played with his magical control of the water finding ways to avoid mishaps like he had had the previous day.  He was within eyesight of the last place he had seen the Captain when the wave disappeared from behind him and he fell into the current.  Laughter rang out from both sides of the river, human laughter. 

"Is that the same runt as before?"

What is he doing back here?"

"Boss isn't going to like this one bit."

"Yeah but the boss isn't around is he."

Kaeda broke the surface of the water and swam to one of the banks.  Scowling into the treeline along both banks he called out.

"He's in trouble though.  You all are."

"Oh, somebody made the baby angry."

"Did you go tell the Captain's daddy on him?"

Frustrated Kaeda shouted out.

"No.  His daddy's probably dead now and you're being hunted.  Do I have your attention now?"
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#9PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 9:44 pm

At his words a lone man strode out of the treeline and made a beeline for Kaeda.  His posture and lack of armor made Kaeda think this was one of the mages but he could be wrong.

"Tell me everything that's happened since we last saw you here, everything."

Word came pouring out of Kaeda's mouth what he had seen and how he'd come this far as fast as he could to give he men warning. 

"Why would you help us?"

Kaeda had asked himself the same question numerous times.  In the end though it was because of sheer fright of what the men in black might be capable of doing.  Unspeakable cruelty and evil he imagined.  These other men seemed different.  They had after all spared him any form of punishment for the stunt he had perpertrated on them.

The man raised two fingers to his lips and blew a high pitched ear ringing whistle.  Moments later a large horse ran up to him nuzzling him with its neck. 

"You're coming with me and you'd better hope what you're telling me is accurate.  Captain Greaves won't tolerate fools.  Now up you go."

The man reached down scooping Kaeda up and depositing him on the back of the mount.  A second later he leapt up behind and they were off.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#10PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Tearing through a forest on an creature two hundred times his size was no fun whatsoever.  The way he bounced around was painfull and humiliating as were the mocking words from the man behind him.  Kaeda vowed that someday he would learn to ride beasts maybe not as large as this one but something a bit smaller.  He'd heard of goblin raiders who used wolves as mounts that would work.  Although that would mean getting up close to the business end of a wolf and all of those teeth.  Maybe he'd pass on that.

Man and horse halted just long enough for Kaeda to be lifted down and allowed to stretch.  A brief meal of cold bread and salted pork and the torture was started once more. 

"Where are we going? Do you even know the way? You're going way too damned fast to be tracking anything."

The man had laughed out loud at that.  Apparently where they were going was someplace he'd been before and needed no help finding again.  That was good as daylight was going to be fading soon.  Finding someplace to sleep for the night was going to be paramount. 

The sun did indeed dip below the horizon but man and horse did not stop.  The man simply held out a charred piece of wood out to Kaeda with the instructions to point it ahead.  A few mumbled words and the piece of wood flared into a light piercing through the darkness. 

"We can't use it for long but it just might get us to our destination.  Be carefull to hold it out in front of us."

That was laughable of course.  How was he supposed to be carefull being bounced around as he was? He tried of course but found that he couldn't do it at times.  With the light shining up into the heavens a loud grinding sound of stone on stone could be heard from directly ahead.

"You fool point it ahead not up."

Kaeda quickly angled the piece of wood downward shocked to see a creature made out of living rock preparing to hurl a giant boulder their way.  As the light panned over its features the creature's movements ceased almost as if it was frozen in place.  Kaeda kept the light on the creature as they rode past it before the man's voice called out once more.

"Ahead shine the light ahead!"

The goblin once again changed the direction of the beam almost losing control of his bowels as he did.  Ahead of them was a deep chasm with a narrow rope bridge the only way accross.  A few more seconds delay and man, horse and goblin could have rode right off the edge.  Seeing the bridge the man slowed the horse to a walk and they began to cross.

"Quickly now give me the wand."

The man grabbed hold and began shining it behind them.

"What was that thing?"

"Rock troll.  He's been guarding this particular bridge for the past decade or so.  Seems to think it is his for some unknown reason.  Easy enough to deal with when there's light around.  Not so easy in the dark.  Now then we've a few more miles to put on before we rest for the night.  Hold the light steady once more."
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#11PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm

After seeing the rock troll first hand Kaeda made a strong effort to do as the man said holding the wand straight in front of him illuminating the terrain for hore and rider.  It felt like forever but couldn't have been more than two hours before the man slowed and then stopped the horse.  He dismounted before reaching to pull Kaeda down. 

"I have to tend to Unis here don't go anywhere."

The man rubbed the horses flank as it whinnied at him.  Soon the duo dissapeared from sight.  Kaeda could barely make out the sound of spashing water and nodded to himself.  The beast would need to eat and drink after being forced to carry them for such a long distance.  He tried turning the wand to face their direction but found the light vanishing at an alarming rate.

"Hey! Hey! The light!"

He was greeted with laughter.

"Calm down and get some sleep we've got a long way to go yet."

Get some sleep out here in the open with rock trolls and who knew what else wandering around.  That wasn't about to happen.  Kaeda felt the earth between his toes and grinned nope he wouldn't be sleeping in the open.  He began chanting and watched earth begin to bend to his will as it slowly became as big an ant hill and then larger.  Earth poured from a hole in the top of the pile hollowing it out before sealing the open hole.  Minutes later a door was formed in the earth and Kaeda slipped inside.  This was better, much better.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#12PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptySat Mar 18, 2017 2:54 pm

The morning brought pain and lots of it.  Kaeda's entire body ached from toes to the tips of his hair.  He groaned as he exited his camping spot he had created for himself.  The smell of food atually cooking was enough for him to get over his soreness for a moment.  He waddled towards the smell intent on discovering what smelled so amazing.

"Morning.  Got coffee and bacon it is the best I can do on such short notice I'm afraid.  There's a pond right up ahead could get a few fish I suppose if I had more time, but I, we, don't."

The goblin didn't like the sound of that.  With a sigh he sat down and began eating the bacon and the strange foul tasting but amazing smelling liquid.  As he drank the liquid he felt a strange feeling or alertness come over him. 

"What is this amazing stuff?"

The man laughed.

"It's coffee goblin.  I can't believe you haven't heard of it before.  Come now we have seveal more miles to go and we're losing time.  By the way if we're traveling together you might as well call me something.  The name is Righder, Lt. Righder."
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#13PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 pm

It seemed the Lt. was warming to him.  At least to the point of offerering his name and rank.  That was something.  Kaeda wasn't sure just what it was though.  He swallawed another sip of the wonderful dark liquid before responding.

"I am called Kaeda."

Wasting no other time he polished off the bacon and coffee before heading to the stream to do as the human did, wash dishes.  The idea of doing so was a foreign concept to the goblin.  Escpecially as the last food on the plate was bacon.  Who woulnd't want to combine that flavor with whatever was eaten from the plate next?  Humans were such strange beings.

Finished with the chore Lt. Righder once again picked up the goblin and sat him astride his mount quickly leaping up behind him.  Man goblin and beast began following the path that would hopefully take them into contact with Cpt. Greaves.

The landscape slowly changed from forest into rolling plain something Kaeda wasn't overly fond of.  The sun beat down in his eyes causing him to squint to see.  Cursing he began casting a spell to create an earthen hat for himelf.  The Lt. behind him laughed as the hat formed before reaching behind himself and pulling a hat for himself out of his gear.  As he reached behind light reflected off of something behind him.  With a groan he set the horse into a gallop ascending a small hill and and then stopping on the other side.  He dismounted giving the goblin a warning to stay silent. 

Lt. Righder crawled through the tall grass up to the top of the hill and looked back towards where he had seen the light reflected.  In the distance men on horseback wearing black armor were exiting the woodlands.  There was only a small number of men visible at the moment a good thing too.  Righder assumed this was just a scouting party though.  Men who's job it was to track down Cpt. Greaves position and report back to the main force.  They would have to be dealt with.  The question was how.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#14PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Kaeda struggled to get off of the large horse falling off more than dismounting.  He brushed himself off before walking up towards the Lt.  The horses galloping in their direction was enough for him to figure out the situation.  Seeing the black armor was enough for a burst of fear to take hold in him as he stared at them.  Righder slapped  the goblin on the back of the head knocking some sense into him. 

"We're going to need to work together to deal with these men.  You cast spells with earth, correct?"

Kaeda nodded his agreement to the stupid question his earthen hat bobbing up and down as he did.

"Good, we need holes in the ground about fifty yards from our position.  Just as the men approach them can you do that?"

"How big are the holes that you need? I can make holes but not many and not too deep."

"Do what you can our lives and those of the Captain and his men depend on it."

Kaeda began chanting softly staring out at the ground infront of him his bare toes digging into the soil around him.  Not overly satisfied with how powerfull the spell was he continued staring out into the prarie.  Beside him Lt. Righder was casting a spell he had not thought it worth mentioning what it was but Kaeda could see clouds forming in the air behind the men.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#15PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 3:05 pm

The men appeared to notice the clouds forming behind them as well as they began pushing their horses even faster in the opposite direction.  The clouds not quite able to compete with the speed of the horses nontheless appeared to try.  Rain began to fall followed by bolts of lightning that didn't connect with the riders but were threatening to.  Faster and faster went man and beast until the ground opened up in front of them breaking horse's legs and causing man and beast to fall to the ground.  The knights on the ground watched helplessly as clouds, rain and lightning closed in on them soon the air was filled with the smell of roasted burned flesh.

"Well played Righder, well played."

The Lt. nodded his agreement before turning his back to the dead.  There was still a lot of ground to cover and it seemed like the enemy was in pursuit.  They would have to hurry to not only warm the Captain but to be able to put a plan into action to deal with the opposing forces headed their way.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#16PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:18 pm

The following ride was far from gentle as Righder wasted no time urging his mount to a full gallop. The terrain blew through Kaeda's sight in a continual blur broken only by the short spells where Righder dismounted to rest the panting horse. Kaeda took those brief moments to try and stretch his aching body. He was hurting in places he didn't even now existed. The last time they had rested the horse Righder had even taken the time to feed the goblin more salt pork. The stuff was edible, but just barely. With the sun setting in the distance Righder dismounted and began looking at the ground with interest.

"Why you staring at the ground?"

"The Captain came by here not too long ago. Here's his tracks but it looks like something followed him."

"Not somebody? Something?"

"Aye. Look here these are shoed horses and over here these two large prints belong to something, else."

Kaeda gulped looking at the huge tracks. They were easily big enough for him to lay down flat inside of each one of them. For something to have feet that big the size of the creature had to be something he couldn't even begin to fathom.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#17PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 3:17 pm

The two quickly mounted and began moving once more.  As they moved the sounds of men screaming in agony could be heard in the distance along with a massive roar.  Urging the horse to even greater speed Lt. Righder began chanting a spell before even knowing who or what the enemy was.  Kaeda felt inclined to do the same.  Unsure of what the Lt. was casting he didn't care.  Earth soon began following horse and riders before flowing around the goblin's form creating a magical earthen armor.  He doubted it would do much aganst a the creature those footprints belonged to but it was better than nothing.

The first sign that they were approaching the battle came in a strange way.  As they rode towards the battle a knight flew though the air and almost hit Kaeda.  It was mostly knight anyway.  The poor man looked to have been bitten in half right through his full plate.  Kaeda let out a deep breath and dispelled the earth armor.  It wasn't going to be worth a damn.  Moments later Kaeda and Righder were in the thick of the battle with an enormous lizardlike creature.  Standing fifteen feet tall on all fours it had massive jaws that snapped down on man and beast alike slaying both indiscriminately.  The air was thick with spells, the smell of blood, and the screams of the dying.  Seeing the carnage aound him Kaeda had no idea what, if anything, he could possibly do to help.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#18PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm

The remnants of white armor littered the ground and yet a few remaining knights continued to attempt to swing their swords, axes and even maces at the enormous creature all in vain.  The thick scales that covered the entirety of the creature ensured nothing could penetrate far enough to do any kind of damage.  From what Kaeda could see spells weren't even causing the creature any kind of damage let alone discomfort. 

He caught a glimpse of the Captain and leapt down from the horse to attempt to join him.  Running towards him he was forced time and time again to leap over dead bodies, to duck as body parts flew overhead and to try to shut out the screams of the dying.  It took what seemed like forever to reach Captain Greaves but might have been thirty seconds.

"Captain you're being followed your men have been slaughtered their on their way."

The words gushed out of the goblin's mouth and he wasn't even sure they were heard.  Greaves looked either at him or through him for a long moment before calling for a retreat from the beast.  As the men began to move away Kaeda watched somewhat sickened as the large carnivore began tearing into the dead feasting on their flesh.

"Sir?"

"Not now goblin.  Didn't I say I was going to kill you the next time I saw you?"

"But sir."

"Do I need to make good on my word?"

"SIR! I have an idea that might rid you of two problems."

That got the attention of the Captain right away, "Go ahead."

"Ok. That creature back there is only after a meal.  What if I can move a carcass backwards towards the enemy and get them to engage each other?"

"If you can do that.  IF you can do that I would retract what I said about killing you."

The statement was said with a smile making it seem to the goblin that there was perhaps more than that.  It would do for the moment.  He scanned the area looking for Lt. Righder unsurprised to see him heading towards the Captain.

"This time I need your help Lt. We're going back towards the men in black and we're bringing that creature with us."
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Humans Empty
Private#19PostSubject: Re: Humans   Humans EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Righder listened attentively as the plan was laid out to him.  He waited until Kaeda was finished outlining the details before asking a few pointed questions and then satisfied with the answers nodded his agreement.  It seemed to be the only way out of the difficult situation that they had been placed in and what was more it might just work!

Righder liftd Kaeda up unto the back of his horse before leaping astride as well.  Taking a deep breath he began making his way back towards the monstrous creature.  With the reptile in sight Kaeda began chanting making sure to keep a line of sight with the corpse the creature was feasting on.  The spell wasn't a difficult one however it would have to be maintained for a prolonged period something Kaeda hadn't done before.  Not with this much on the line either!  The body of the dead horse began moving towards human, goblin and horse.  Moving slowly it skid over the surface of the ground at what may have been Kaeda's walking pace.

The great beast followed behind it taking chunks from the corpse and devouring them in a leisurly manner.  With Kaeda occupied Righder was tasked with keeping a lookout for the enemy riders ahead.  Knowing the enemy were coming didn't make seeing an army of black knights any easier to take.  Knowing what was at stake Righder began casting protection spells over him, Kaeda and his mount.  They didn't need to last long, just long enough for the creature to see the army ahead and to react.

The army reacted well before the giant lizard did.  Recognizing Righder a full volley of bolts, arrows, and spells were directed his way.  As his protection spells were hit over and over again they began to fail.  First one arrow and then a bolt driving deep into tissue and bone.  Kaeda didn't escape harm either.  A single arrow slammed through the top of his shoulder penetrating through the other side.  Both riders in agonizing pain they stayed the course persevearing through their injuries.  Seconds later they were both elated to hear cries of horror from ahead and a loud roar from behind.  The plan had worked!

The elation didn't last long for Kaeda as a fireball hit the horse he was riding.  The horse's cry was short and pitiful before it fell to the ground dead.  Righder was crushed under the mount Kaeda was thrown free.  Kaeda tried making his way back to the Lt. but Righder waved him away.

"I'm dying.  Go on back to the Captain tell him we....."

The man died before he could finish his last words.  Kaeda was sure there were necromancy spells to see what the man had wanted to say but now wasn't the time or place.  He was also fairly sure Righder wanted to tell Captian Greaves the plan was a success.  Perhaps to get his ass moving so his death wasn't in vain.  Kaeda would tell the Captain both... and then he would be done with these humans.  It was a strange thing growing attached to a human just to see then die.  It was far far easier to befriend dead things.  It was less painful that way.

-End-
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive