Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty
Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#1PostSubject: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 1:48 am

While on here I noticed every faction has their own kind of rank system for their co-writers/faction members or even some are undecided which makes everything confusing. I came up this idea to have a permanent Faction Ranking System. This means everyone in a faction from the leader to the last person who joined has a specific rank for each person.

Faction Rank System: 

1. Warlord - 50 Post's concerning the faction. 
  2. Officer - 40 Post's concerning the faction.
  3. Leader - 30 Post's concerning the faction.
  4. Council - 20 Post's concerning the faction.
  5. Soldier - 10 Post's concerning the faction.
  6. Initiate - 0 Post's concerning the faction.

The following above is from bottom to top in ranking with the bottom one being the 1st rank you get and the top one being the highest rank you can get possible, this system would be used for all factions. It's a much easier and more effective way to have one clear and obvious ranking system then just every leader of its own faction making up their own. This process can only be good for the factions all around the galaxy. The following below is a descriptive analysis explaining each rank and what they're responsibilities are. 

Warlord: Highest possible rank achievable. This rank allows you to moderate & change options within the faction. You are allowed to make events concerning the faction. Also allowed permission to demote and promote lower ranks below you. Being a Warlord is not an easy job, you have to be active, show leader ship skills, set rules and help others in the faction. The only rank allowed to cause faction invasions/combat with other factions. Can promote lower ranks up to Warlord. Another faction needs your approval via post if you are wanting to sign a peace treaty or want to join forces. Can completely take off a member of the faction if need be. (Doesn't need approval) Within the faction events you make, you can have quest items that are available to get. Example: Star Dust, Rare Document, Gold Egg, Etc. Is allowed to permanently ban a faction member, no matter the rank. Another thing, you MUST be there for whenever you have meetings or huge gatherings involving other factions. These items can be traded in to the Warlord for Faction Post Boosting also know as XP. Finally, you get to update the rules for the faction daily and change the ranking system if really need be. (Optional) Doesn't have to join in on quests/events for the faction. (Optional) 

Officer: 2nd Highest possible rank achievable. This rank allows you to promote and demote lower ranks below you. Can promote lower ranks up to Officer. Being a Officer, you have to be active, show leader ship skills and help others in the faction. This rank also allows you to adjust rules and make sure everyone is abiding by them. MUST be there for any meetings or huge gatherings involving other factions. Can completely take off a member of the faction if need be. You are allowed to make events concerning the faction. However, cannot give faction items within those events/quests unless prompted by Warlord or gave permission to. Can post suggestions for faction items and rules within the faction. Can join in on the quests/events for the faction if wanted to. 

Leader: 3rd highest possible rank achievable. This rank allows you to promote and demote lower ranks below you. Can promote lower ranks up to Leader. Being a Leader, you have to be active, show leader ship skills and help others in the faction. You must make sure everyone is following the faction rules. MUST be present for any meetings or huge gatherings involving other factions. Can also post a thread/topic or contact the higher ranks to take someone completely off the faction member list. (Needs approval) Also can contact higher ranks to change the rules if need be. Can join in on the quests/events for the faction if wanted to. 

Council: 4th highest possible rank achievable. Being a council member, you have to be active, show faction and role playing skills and help others in the faction. You must make sure everyone is following the faction rules. Doesn't have to be present for the faction meetings or huge gatherings involving other factions and yours. Can also post a thread/topic or contact the higher ranks to take someone completely off the faction member list. (Needs approval) Can suggest higher ranks to change the rules in need be. Can suggest lower ranks to be banned removed from the faction. (Needs Approval)
Can join in on the quests/events for the faction if wanted to. 

Soldier: 5th highest possible rank achievable. Being a soldier you should be active, show faction and role playing skills and help others in the faction. Be on your best behavior following the rules. Can post a thread/topic or contact higher ranks that you're not getting along with someone else in the faction. Can join in on the quests/events for the faction if wanted to. 

Initiate: Lowest possible rank achievable. This rank is usually for the new recruits/members who are brand new to the faction. Being a Initiate, you should be active, show faction and role playing skills and help others in the faction. Can't promote others at all, can ONLY be demoted. Be on your best behavior following all the rules. Can join in on the quests/events for the faction if wanted to. 

Faction Items & Post Boosts: 

Mythical Scroll - 6 Post Boost 
Golden Egg - 5 Post Boost 
Rare Document - 4 Post Boosts
Star Dust - 3 Post Boosts
King Crown - 2 Post Boost

(Faction Items can be/will be updated) 

Note: Faction Ranking System, Faction Items and Post Boosts are ideas that can change the way Factions evolve. Each idea on here comes together to make one. They all resemble a key component to the main idea here. All of these ideas can VARY. Meaning that the Ranking System and Faction Items can be modified and changed personally by the Warlord. This gives the factions their own type of unique and interesting rules and ways they work things to make everyone in the faction equally happy. If you have any issues with these ideas please do post a reply stating the issue. I will reply back as soon as possible and try to make this work out within the rules of Convergence RP. Thank you for your time. 

Last edited by Lucifer on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 2:39 am

No two factions are alike. Some are military empires, while others are mercanary companies. We allow each faction to create and customize it's own ranking system to reflect each faction's unique personality. Some factions, such as the nypherians, rank and organize their members in a militaristic style based on each member's battlefield achievements. Meanwhile, other factions such as Clan Kyodain, would prefer to reward their members based on how dedicated they are to Kyodain's honor and goal of uniting the galaxy under a fair and just flag. To implement a rigid ranking system like this would take away such creative freedoms and make earning a position in each faction feel like a cloned chore. Same can be said for your so called 'faction items'. No two factions are alike and there's no reason for two factions to use the same devices universally.

Of course, you are free to do this with your own faction if you wish, but your system will not be forced upon all other factions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 4:09 am

That's why I said the ranking system and faction items is optional in parentheses. I agree with that theory of yours that every faction is unique and has its own type of ways it runs things. However, I do want to state that two different factions should deserve the option to choose whether they want their own ranking system or this one I've already cooked up. If they agree to such terms they prefer to have a more clear ranking system already built from scratch for them if they just come up into the tiers. As of right now, there is no current permanent ranking system or EXP system for factions and I see those as opportunities to advance/evolve the way factions work. I highly suggested these ideas,I'm not forcing implementation with this situation. I think that EVERY faction whether its an empire based to UNSC based, should have the choice to have a fair ranking faction system that is precise and has clear rules within it. I know for a fact that your basing my ideas using bad personal experiences with me and I don't think that's fair at all to every one who might think this is a good idea. I wasn't implying that every faction needs this ranking system, I was just giving a good idea on the plate for others to use. I was planning later on if I became staff or not to suggest another idea that keys in with this one making factions more interesting for the role players and lore creators. I'm not going to currently say what the idea is or what it's about until further notice.

Knowing and meeting all these faction leaders, I've noticed many faction members don't have their own ranks at all in it, it brings me to shame to see people who WANT to have ranks in their faction but aren't the leader so they can't do anything about making a ranking system for it and I see this a great chance for that to happen. Also, many factions might be undecided on how their ranks in the factions would even work so this idea for it brings that into the light thus making it easier for them to use because it's already been made and the responsibilities of each rank seems to be clear as day. I'm not asking for a long shot here, not every faction HAS to use this rank format I just think that the leader of each faction should have that choice. A lot of popular consoles such as the Wii U has this in their game, where they can start from scratch or start from something already made making it fair to every single player who plays the game. Now, if your against this idea entirely I think your also going against Nintendo ideals which have people who developed the game for years and are experienced on that type of stuff.
Back to top Go down
AzuraSarah
Newcomer
AzuraSarah

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 6:59 am

Alright; let's get the big one out of the way.

Lucifer wrote:
If you have any issues with these ideas please do post a reply stating the issue.
Lucifer wrote:
I know for a fact that your basing my ideas using bad personal experiences with me and I don't think that's fair at all to every one who might think this is a good idea.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem Read this.

Lucifer wrote:
it brings me to shame to see people who WANT to have ranks in their faction but aren't the leader so they can't do anything about making a ranking system for it

Firstly; where are these people you see who 'Want' to have these ranks?
Secondly; said people who are moving/making a character for a faction tend to work directly with the people who own the faction. The leaders of factions aren't stonewalling people out of the faction and if someone is trying to make a character to fit a specific role within someone else's faction; the two people will generally work together to explore options that will work.

Rigid ranking systems aren't a very good fit on the character to character level. They're useful when looking at macro-scale things at a glance and figuring out how strong they are.

Lucifer wrote:
A lot of popular consoles such as the Wii U has this in their game, where they can start from scratch or start from something already made making it fair to every single player who plays the game.

While game theory may be valuable for creating such systems; it's also not applicable to directly port the concept into a roleplay environment. Roleplay is primarily about interaction with other players and creating interesting storylines that people want to get involved in, while video games are generally about overcoming some sort of obstacle.

XP systems in video games can exist for a few reasons.

Some games use them as a skinner box ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtvrPTbQ_c  and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5camMoNw-o are good watches on the topic) to keep the player playing past the point they would've ordinarily quit. Most games with an XP system fall into this category, especially if the game operates with a F2P model.

Some games use them as a tutorial, to balance the pacing at which players get new abilities so that the player isn't front-loaded with information.
We're hardly making a tutorial for roleplaying here.

Some games use them to introduce player choice to the game; in a similar vein to the above. Single Player games do this as a way to offer varied ways to play the game; while Multiplayer Games (Such as MMORPGs) do this to ensure no one person can do everything and creating an interesting metagame of counterplay and synergies between classes to explore.

None of the above are reasons helpful to a roleplay environment.

Finally, some games use them to reinforce the mechanics and story of the game, using them as a 'Mechanics as Metaphor' ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5camMoNw-o and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP_qNm-96Dc ). They use them to represent an increase in power (Be it physically, emotionally or mentally) in the character(s). Ultimately however, power for power's sake does nothing to facilitate roleplay. It's how this is used to affect the characters and the storylines they create that is the important piece.

If the system is only being used for the express purpose of making a character stronger; without actually offering any chances for engaging roleplay that people want to be a part of, then the system has fundamentally failed.

Lucifer wrote:
Now, if your against this idea entirely I think your also going against Nintendo ideals which have people who developed the game for years and are experienced on that type of stuff.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 am

"If the system is only being used for the express purpose of making a character stronger; without actually offering any chances for engaging roleplay that people want to be a part of, then the system has fundamentally failed." 

This thread and logic your using makes no sense at all, your basically talking about game consoles for the whole entire thread. Other then that, that quote above this sentence doesn't correlate at all with my idea. Ranking up in factions doesn't have anything to do with characters becoming stronger. Granted, I also put the idea in for quest faction items, but never said anything about them being overpowered or usable in anything other then faction events/quests. I also believe that your a 'catfish' account made by another user to just be used to against my idea which is unusual. It's very obvious that if you were another real person making a new account, you wouldn't post about this thread for your first ever post. I highly disagree with any of your logic in your thread. Lastly, the main issue about your post is that it's really not credible giving your rank and post rate to support it and there's no real back up evidence as to why my idea is flawed since you were already incorrect about the ranking system. 
Back to top Go down
AzuraSarah
Newcomer
AzuraSarah

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 am

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

My post count is low on this account because I use separate a seperate account for each of my roleplay characters; and I reserve this account for posting OOC so I don't artificially inflate my post count. Congratulations; you are the reason I made my first OOC post.

It's pretty clear you don't want to engage in any criticism on your system; despite the fact you literally asked for it.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts DQtpig0 Archaeologist
Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts K2DLTa9 Scholar

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:44 am

This Topic has been Archived.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Sponsored content

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts   Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts Empty

Back to top Go down

Factions Ranking Idea & Faction XP Boosts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1