Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Community Discussion: February

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Community Discussion: February C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Community Discussion: February DQtpig0 Archaeologist
Community Discussion: February K2DLTa9 Scholar

Community Discussion: February Empty
Community Discussion: February Empty#1PostSubject: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello again, opening another community discussion to take more suggestions for the site.
If there's anything you'd like to say about the site, Good or Bad, say it here and suggest ways we can change or things we can add to improve it.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Lineak
Level 27
Lineak

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Nothing but positives from me here.  I thoroughly enjoy what you've got, and what you've made, here.  I really like all of the diffferent tiers open to us rpers it gives me something to work towards even if it doesn't really effect my rping experience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t506-lineak
Nobody
Level 8
Nobody

Commander of The Imperial Scarab Marines

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Maybe it's just me but, I would like a better faction explanation area. I see all these factions and no descriptions for them (that I can see) other than that this seems like a really cool place
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t527-altus-reine
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:33 am

I agree that we need a much easier way to access information about factions, otherwise you have to dig through the codex sections with all the relevant information.

@Nobody, I've written up some faction descriptions if you want to take a read: (@Sam'anar if there are any discrepancies feel free to edit my post)

Demonic Crusade: Pretty self explanatory. They're angry that the UNSC and the Angels destroyed their home dimension a while back and are now on crusade against the our realm to take revenge against living beings

United Nations Space Command: UNSC for short, they're the main faction of humans and the only content on the site that isn't original. They're the "main" human faction of sorts and have immense military prowess and are probably the best suited to fighting off the Demons. They're generally anti supernatural, though they used to do a thing called the Knights Initiative where they recruited supernaturals into a special division, but ONI (Think the CIA and the NSA rolled into one but worse) abused the supernaturals for their own experiments and such.

Alliance of Kings: Created in response to the disbanding of the Knights Initiative, the Alliance is a safe haven for supernaturals and a real power in the Galaxy. Sadly, there's no more lore beyond a bit about their homeworld, Phoenix Spire, and their leader, Queen Jaya, who happens to be an angel.

The Nypherians: A race of humans evolved a few billion years in the future from another universe. Their minds are now AI and live inside robotic bodies. So they can be killed and simply reuploaded into a new body. They take care of the people they conquer by making them 'Void Citizens' and allowing them to live under Nypherian rule. Aliens are fully allowed to join their ranks so long as they can prove they're loyal to the Nypheran flag.

The Darkness: A bunch of souls floating around dead space. They're supposedly pretty dangerous, but that's just because of their god. He's bound to that space by a sword in the possession of the Alliance (I think) But they're mostly harmless and really shouldn't be bothered with.

Forerunner Remnant: Okay, I lied. This one also comes from the Halo universe. The Forerunner Remnant is a planet ruled by a super AI created by a sort of progenitor race to the galaxy. Don't piss them off or you're dead. This is another faction that doesn't really allow people to join

Clan Kyodain: My faction, they're a race of seven foot tall and four armed people who kind of worship technology. They recently traversed the space between galaxies in search of a new home and stumbled upon a nice little world on the edge of the Milky Way. They operate on a code of honor that dictates honesty and the defense of their justice. They're relatively peaceful compared to the other factions, but they will react violently if you have wronged them. People joining this faction will be hired as 'mercs' and asked to do work in exchange for access to their technology and services.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:43 am

And one other thing. Perhaps we should switch planet creation to system creation. That way we can detail not only the planet on which a species/faction controls/lives on, but the kind of resources that are in the system itself. After all. A system has it's central planet, then it will also have a number of stations positioned throughout the system for mining, refueling, construction, etc. It'll also give people an opportunity to create systems with multiple inhabitable planets.
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:48 am

The faction forum section is very limited. I am the only one posting there with information about my faction
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 12:57 am

Okay, I lied. I've got one more idea:

What if you added a tag that people can switch their finished threads to in order to streamline the grading process a little bit more? It'd make things a lot easier imo.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Level 8
Nobody

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 am

Thanks Elias, that actually does help a bit. 

I was wondering, maybe there could ba a sort of army system for factions/ groups. That way you can keep track of a running total of troops each faction has which can increase/decrease based on IC actions of those within the factions?
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#9PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 3:04 am

@Nobody

I know a lot of other sites do that, but I personally am against it. That would turn factions into number crunching slugfests only interested in having the biggest number rather than actually developing a story (or at least that's what I've seen happen). This is not a combat roleplay site, and I would prefer that it stays that way.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Level 8
Nobody

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#10PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 3:17 am

That makes sense but, there's nothing stopping the site from finding a sort of middle ground. Numbers don't trump RP experience. Just because one faction has 3 platoons of soldiers it doesn't mean that another factions 1 platoon can't wipe it outo due to people IC doing things. Again, it can go either way, you just have to find a solid middle ground.
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Community Discussion: February Empty#11PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 3:29 am

Technology also plays a factor into it. Strategy can only get you so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Community Discussion: February Empty#12PostSubject: Re: Community Discussion: February   Community Discussion: February Empty

Back to top Go down

Community Discussion: February

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1