Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

The Varanus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards
The Varanus  LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#1PostSubject: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:42 am

The Varanus  1c6a2510

Name:Varanus/Varanian (Var-nus) {Plural:Varanidae}

Homeplanet: New Serpentum

Sentience:Sentient

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strengths:

• Heightened Agility 

• Decelerated Aging {Average lifespan over 1000 years}

• Heightened Stamina

• Regeneration {Frost-based magics can slow or even stop the process due to Varanus cells being highly sensitive to below body temperatures}

• Quick learning.

• 240 degree Vision.

• Quickly adapts antibodies for diseases.

• Scales natural armour akin to hardened leather

Mutation:

Weaknesses:

• Intolerance to rapid temperature changes {The Vananus wear heat-regulating power suits to survive in otherwise unsurvivable climates} "aka Most Frozen worlds."

• Regeneration causes fatigue due to proteins being used to fuel cellular regeneration

• Varanus agility and movement can be hindered with frost-based magic

• Scales on the belly and neck are soft.

• Subject to becoming feral should they be subjected to a certain chemical losing self-control and entering a blood rage

• Most hold honour in high regard which can be used against them in combat.

Appearance:

The reptilian Varanus are slightly taller then most average races,most Varanus slender bodies which make them seem physically frail,a dangerous mistake they would use to their advantage.Their hands contain 3 digits with a opposable thumb.Their legs sport a digitigrade posture{Standing on their toes} and their feet look almost identical to those of a Allosaurus,sporting 3 digits with large claws and one clawed digit pointing backwards.

Their scales sport a wide palette of colours,cool colours are much more common while black is the rarest and hold special religious value to the priests of Kumakatole

Their heads have many different physical features,some are broader or irregularly shaped.Whatever the case may be all Varanidae share several notable characteristics namely:

Their eyes bear similarities to that of a Iguana with the sclera being either a blue,dark green or golden colour. While the Iris is black.Interestingly when agitated or afraid their irises take a slitted form,and have some form of control over it to cause them to appear vile as a form of intimidation.

All Varanidae have a set of sharp canine teeth that tears and chews meats easily with a smaller set of molars at the back of the jaw that chews up food to smaller sizes and provides a way to eat plants,however the Varanus prefer to remain with their carnivorous heritage and few actually eat plant material as a primary food source. 

There is also a notable difference between males and females of the race:

• Males:Are usually much broader then females and their horns extend slightly vertically much akin to horned lizard.

• Female:Are slimmer then males and their horns curve similar to that of a kudu.

Culture:

The Varanus have a very hierarchical society that holds martial prowess in high regard,many of the Varanus consider service to their state a moral obligation for the greater good of their race and would not think twice about sighing up to serve in some form of civil service and live in a caste system that separates social status but not opportunity as any besides the servant caste can work their way up in the social ladder.  

Despite the prideful nature of their society the Varanus are humble in nature and content with their lives not seeking out money or status like the other races despite some falling into that trap.Most believe them to be a race of warmongers,however this is far from the case.The Varanus have a sentimental past and they express that past with great monuments,works of art and musical orchestras revolving their history,recent events and some even give a glimpse into their personal lives.

Art:

Family:

Education:

Architecture :

Fashion :

Traditional rituals:

Food & Drink:

Social Customs:

Religion:

The Sect of the five:
The religion encompasses five dragonic deities namely:

• Kumakatole-Dragon of Death
  • Nasnas-Dragon of Life
  • Armaros-Dragon of Fire {Patron Deity of the race}
  • Phehex-Dragon of Stars
  • Kobalos-Dragon of Water

Few outside theories claim these deities are actually Starborn who had in some way influenced this race.But since the race originates from outside the milky way it is unsure what these deities are.

Their history mentions their race was punished,but as for how and why is lost to the age.

History:

What few know is that the Varanus do not originate from the Milky Way Galaxy,they however stem from a faraway galaxy they call "Sigma Draconian". The Varanus are the only survivors of a cataclysmic war waged by the various sentient races in Sigma Draconian. For the next 1000 years the Varanus would know only war,it consumed their way of life,their planets and their stars.In the end only 7% of the inhabited planets remained.The bureaucratic nation the Varanus served was quickly overpopulated with the mass influx of citizens fleeing their own dying worlds.All while the Bureaucracy's officials entrenched themselves.What followed was a decade of crippling depression that was only removed after a brutal civil war.The Bureaucracy was dismantled and followed by the Serpentum Imperium,the military took vital action as the newly-crowned emperor established order.The new goverment knew their galaxy was dying and after a period of planning they drafted the "Mors Directive" which detailed the plan to construct a "ARK" with a highly advanced wormhole generator,powerful enough to carry the race and their minorities to a new world.

For the next 300 years the Imperium would shift through the ashes and battlegrounds of the past war,gathering enough to build their final hope.The ship warped through the wormhole as soon as the crew and passengers entered stasis.But as the ship was striding across space and time,the so called "Convergence" happened with the awakening of the celestial dragon Nozdormu. The energy that shook through the warp caused the wormhole generator to malfunction as it was drawn to the Milky way.

What followed......Was a world-shattering crash as the ship beached into a unknown planet.The pods opened and a injured race slowly found itself thrust into a brave new world.Unwilling to accept their misery the Varanus and those who followed slowly retrofitted the remains of the hulking ark into a stable fortress,for the next 50 years the race would slowly rebuild itself all while hiding it's existence from the galaxy till this day.

Now only a shadow of their former selves the Serpentum Imperium strides forward,whether or not they are bringers of hope of destroyers is to be determined in the following years.

Last edited by Daniel Almis on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:07 am; edited 53 times in total (Reason for editing : Revamp)
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#2PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 10:44 am

Please note:I have no idea why there is a open space in the strengths section Mad

Note:It spread to the weakness section Shocked

Note to moderators:Please stop by and leave a suggestion.

Disclaimer:I do not own artwork above.

Last edited by X-Calibur on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#3PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 7:42 pm

I am aware this is a WIP still, however, I have to note a suggestion.

In regards to the magic resistance, it may be a bit unfair to have the Varanus resistant to general Tier 1 Magic due to the fact that all new magic using characters are Tier 1 - thereby making any new mages instantly incapable of doing anything to a Varanus - an unfair state.

Might I suggest that, instead, the Varanus have a reasonable resistance to fire-based magic, and in return, this is balanced off by a reasonable weakness to cold/water magic. I feel like these reptilians run rather hot bodies due to their supposed high metabolisms and regeneration abilities (regeneration will also need to be balanced), so anything that cools them off would quite reasonably slow them down effectively.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t288-zephyna-aldanis#1989
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#4PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Zephyna Aldaris wrote:
I am aware this is a WIP still, however, I have to note a suggestion.

In regards to the magic resistance, it may be a bit unfair to have the Varanus resistant to general Tier 1 Magic due to the fact that all new magic using characters are Tier 1 - thereby making any new mages instantly incapable of doing anything to a Varanus - an unfair state.

Might I suggest that, instead, the Varanus have a reasonable resistance to fire-based magic, and in return, this is balanced off by a reasonable weakness to cold/water magic. I feel like these reptilians run rather hot bodies due to their supposed high metabolisms and regeneration abilities (regeneration will also need to be balanced), so anything that cools them off would quite reasonably slow them down effectively.
Thank you for the feedback,I knew this might be offsetting which is why I gave the ? I guess I could add frost weakness if the also their regen despite being a strength is also their greatest weakness.Varanus characters cannot afford a prolonged fight where they are injured multiple times as this tires them out.But I'm all for balance so I see reason in your suggestion and I accept it Smile ,please share your opinions and suggestions anytime during this WIP-State Very Happy Thanks again.

Last edited by X-Calibur on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#5PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 2:03 am

It should be noted that, even if it weren't a WIP, I would bring it up regardless Razz All for the sake of making sure characters are as creative as desired and reasonable, yet balanced so as things are fair to everyone.

It is just my personal schtick, though I am sure others would agree, but I feel it is a good practice to give a weakness to match a strength.

For example, my species, the Zaegrim'a Nzani are very fragile in terms of physical strength and defense - however, they make up for this with highly exceptional speed and agility. The only exception to this rule is my character Zephyna because she is the Avatar of Zaegrim - the greatest and strongest warrior of the Nzani people. While she has increased strength and resilience compared to her brethren, she retains the other weaknesses of the Nzani and her preferred combat style (quick and evasive and no real ranged capabilities unless she throws something).
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#6PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 9:38 pm

{Final edit completed awaiting review}
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#7PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

This submission is currently under official review. Please allow some time for this review - mostly because I have somewhere to go right now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#8PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 2:40 pm

This submission meets primary approval requirements. Secondary Approval Pending.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#9PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Ooooooo. This looks fancy.

Tons of detail and extremely well thought out.

Approved, I await your formal entry into the galaxy :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#10PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 3:22 pm

Thank you all.

I will work on threads for their introduction soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#11PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Revamp complete
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards
The Varanus  TJPZQB0 Donator

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#12PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 5:56 pm

denied approved, let me move dat to the approved section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Varanus  Empty
Approved#13PostSubject: Re: The Varanus    The Varanus  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Varanus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1