Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

The Strike of Scelforian II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

The Strike of Scelforian II Empty
Public#1PostSubject: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 am

It was the 4th day after the Valkyrie had left on her journey through the stars when they attacked. It was the first organized and strong attack that Scelfor II had put up yet. It came at exactly 2:03 am in the Wetlands above a large city known as Klavian. We never saw it coming.

The marines stationed there shot up out of their beds as the blaring alarms went off. But it was too late for many. They had reverse engineered one of our troop transports. Sergeant Jake Wilkins ran out of his barracks and towards the armory when the second volley of missile hit. They shook the city and trails of fire and plasma rained over the landscape and the screams. The screams. 

Private Jake Wilkins.
I scurried across the landscape trying to get to the armory to try and get my gear when the second volley hit. The plasma itself was a beautiful and chaotic sight. I could hear the screams from the base which was over two miles away. I managed to get through the doorway of charging marines and I went to my station as I quickly put on my armour. I grabbed my Flav-2 rifle and Tellin Revolver. The helmet immediately exploded with chatter as I heard marines getting onto transports to get into the city. Then we heard the Air Force shoot over the base as they went to engage with the oncoming enemy. I hopped onto one of the jeeps and we shot out of the base not stopping at the now broke gate. It was hell as soon as we got into the city. We had to get to the epicenter of the missiles to help anyone who needed to get out of there. Dead bodies were the a common sight as we shot through the city. Then we heard the troop ships and the hiss as they dropped to the ground. The jeep was under heavy plasma fire. The tires on the right side popped and the jeep fell over on its side as it skidded to a stop. We fired back from our cover our rifles creating a constant zinging sound. I leapt behind a fallen piece of concrete and took potshots at the enemy troops. So far we seemed to be getting control of the city until both of the enemy troop ships launched their 3rd and final volley of missiles. The skyline was turned to rubble as the building I stood under feel the opposite way crashing into more and more buildings.

Last edited by TheTimeless on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#2PostSubject: Re: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:00 am

Private Jake Wilkins.
I had managed to kill two of the enemy soldiers. I had lost two of the comrades that were in the Jeep but I still had one who I learned later was Sergeant Farris Heath. We ran towards the firefights of the city. We knew the transport ships had no more ammo and would instead drop down into the city overloading their cores to create more damage. We saw the first one fall as we heard the Air Force screaming 'Hoorahs!' in to their mics. This was good. They didn't have a time to overload and the entire ship blew up around 2 miles above the city. We made it to the next block where we joined the current firefight between 5 of our marines and around 12 of theirs. I slid towards our troops taking shot after shot into the enemy ranks. I downed 3 of them as I slid to cover. 
"Whats the situation here?" I screamed over the constant fire. One of the soldiers screamed back
"We were pinned after the 3rd volley went down! We're trying to Evac civvies but they're keeping us pinned!" 
"Where are the tanks?!" I yelled after taking a few more shots. 
"They're stuck behind the rubble on 4th and Eulis!" Those were his last words as he shot up taking shots the 3 energy blasts hit him in the head leaving an unrecognizable blob. I motioned for the Sergeant to follow me before I ran out of cover and jumped into the broken glass of the other building. The block he described was only two away and I was planning on us getting some heavy support. We sprinted through the empty building our boots echoing on the floor. We jumped out onto the first road hearing no fire. We made it to the next building when a piece of concrete fell us sliding down onto the first level of this building. I cursed and stood up looking up at the bridge that was 4th and Eulis. 
"Shit." I said as I saw 2 troop transports full of enemy troops blocking the road. 
"We need to bring it down." Sergeant Farris said.
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#3PostSubject: Re: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am

I nodded and the only way I could think was having us surprise attack them. As we made our way up the steps to get to the bridge we heard more screaming over our mic which was subsequently quieted by the last troop transport hitting the ground and exploding. WE had taken out their air support but they were far from done fighting. As we came level with the road we saw the two enemy troop transports and behind them we saw a full building had fallen blocking the tanks that could help. Some of our troops were scattered in the fallen building trying to take out the troop transports. It wasn't working and our troops were quickly falling. Sergeant Farris and I hid behind a fallen pillar before we both peeked and shot multiple troops in the back. Around half of the 50 or so troops turned and began firing on our position. Suddenly, I had an idea. 
"We need to shoot the energy pods in the transport!" I took blindshots before turning back to him. 
"If we can blow up the transports the tanks can destroy the building and they can get through to give us support!"
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#4PostSubject: Re: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:11 am

The Sergeant knew what he had to do and before I could speak he leapt over the pillar and shot twice at the transport. He got hit immediately after as he dropped to the ground on his knees. He let out a small laugh before collapsing onto the ground. I watched as the plasma shots hit their mark perfectly and the transport ships blew leaving a pile of hot metal and dead bodies. The troops in the far fallen building roared in excitement as they rushed forward so the tanks could blow the building. I stood up and yelled my own roar as they pushed forward and I joined the rush. Behind us I could hear the tanks blowing the building up before they came right behind us. This was why I joined the Marines so I could feel this brotherhood. We were one team fighting against one enemy.
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#5PostSubject: Re: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:14 am

We mopped up the rest of the enemies quickly before we ferried the injured in the tanks getting them to the closest hospital and care centers. I sat in the middle of the destroyed city where multiple crater holes sat. I dropped my helmet as I slumped to the ground finally realizing how exhausted I was. I threw my gun to the side and sat down. I looked up as some of the marines came over and sat next to me all of us just taking in what had happened. We had won but had suffered many losses. This was another reason we needed to get rid of the leaders of Scelfor II. This had given us a real reason to fire back. We were waging war.
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#6PostSubject: Re: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:19 am

IT was now over 51 years from that day and I had felt as if it had been a century. I was now a 3 star General of the Marines of Scelfor I and I had never forgotten that day. In total that day we lost over 4.3 million civilians. We had killed over 10,000 of their troops and we in return had lost over 5,420 men. I write this journal entry now remembering all of the men we lost that day. I write this as I sit down after my first sons birthday party. We named him Farris. This war has brought nothing but horror for the people of Scelfor I but I cannot imagine the horror that the people of Scelfor II and III are experiencing. I hope that the crew of The Valkyrie can find someway to resolve this before I pass. There is not much of the war left and to be truthful everyone wants it over. The Engineering Core has created a weapon that I fear will kill more than it will do good. It was introduced at the last meeting of the council and technology has reached a level that can ruin planets. It is called the E.D.S. Otherwise known as the Electrical Disruption Wave. It has been tested on the military testing facility Osiris and the site was down for around 2 minutes. IT has enough power to take out a 15 mile radius which in size is comparable to the majority of one of our larger cities. The way the scientists put it was for 15 miles anything that has electricity running through it will be disrupted. Its going to be launched in 3 months on the leading military base on Scelfor II. I'm scared for the civilians that live around it but I hope that it will bring an end to this long war. I have been giving full operational control of the EDS being sent and I don't know if I'm going to press the button to send it all. If anyone reads this in the future I hope they know I do this to help our planets stop warring. I have no other choice.

Signing out, 
                       General Jake Wilkins of the Scelfor I Marines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Public#7PostSubject: Re: The Strike of Scelforian II   The Strike of Scelforian II Empty

Back to top Go down

The Strike of Scelforian II

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Convergence RP Archive :: Roleplay Archives :: Roleplay Archives-