Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) Empty
Public#1PostSubject: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Saelothi rhythmically drummed the fingers of her right hand on the table in the back of the bar. She had her back up against the wall and was stretched horizontally, taking up the entirety of one side of the booth. It wasn't the most comfortable, but then again, it was hardly made to lounge for extended periods of time. She had her left leg, bent at the knee, up on the seat with her boot getting small amounts of dirt on the already dirty seat. A brown cloak was pulled over her hair, hiding any possible way for her to be identified.

With her good eye, she watched the bar carefully. Earth, she thought to herself. Can't wait to get back to Mytheria.

She had been born and raised on Mytheria, the Elves' native planet, but a job had brought her to Earth. Though she was a ranger at heart, she was helping a kidnapped child get back home to her parents on Earth, but she didn't realize just how scarce Elves were on Earth. In avoidance of being hunted, Saelothi keeps her pointed ears hidden until she can find a way to get passage back home. 

What better place to start than in a bar?

When in a bar, the boastful or possibly overly generous side of anyone comes to the surface. Saelothi waited with an untouched drink sitting in front of her and an open ear for anything that peaked her interest. Maybe even another job...
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t1895-saelothi-the-huntress
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards
Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month
Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) TJPZQB0 Donator

Public#2PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 am

(Hi, i saw this was your first thread and wanted to drop in,welcome and i hope im not unwanted here.)
A while later, aproxamitly 15 minutes later two other elves wandered into the bar in a cheerfull mood, apparently celebrating the success of a mission. Both of them were peculiarly dressed: one of them was more hispanic looking and had two beautifull purple eyes. She wore a leather jacket and excessive amounts of weaponry on her back while the other one had long blonde hairs and wore a shield, blade and a light armor outfit. They were talking about keeping a bunch of elven refugekeefrom ending up into slavery but that the batch hasnt arrived yet. They were no Mytheria elves though, the knight was a dracholmian sun elf and the other one was a crosbred desert and wood elf.

They sat down not terribly far from Saelothi and began plotting their operation. A little while and it would become clear that the hispanic looking elf hired the other one as a mercenary and that they werent just friends, it was evident by the blonde ome drinking extensively and asking the hispanic one if other forces would be hired. There were a few open seats on theit table for anyone interested...
Back to top Go down
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#3PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 1:18 am

(You're absolutely wanted here!)
Saelothi took particular interest in the two newcomers. Elves on Earth without being in hiding? The thought that it was possible hadn't even occurred to her. She made sure it wasn't too obvious that she was eavesdropping because she was unfamiliar with the area and its inhabitants. Still, would attention be that bad?

Don't risk it, she thought again.

Her mind was constantly flooded with internal arguments like this simply because she never listened to her first thought. She found that thinking before acting can be a really useful skill.

It was clear that these two weren't Mytheria Elves. They just didn't seem like they would belong on her home planet. Either way, they were Elves. Elves were more welcoming of other Elves than other species, so Saelothi thought they would be her best chance. Besides, they were openly discussing a mission to stop an Elf slave trade. I like them already.

She waved at the girl behind the bar and held up three fingers, then pointed over to the table at which the two Elves were sitting. The girl looked at Saelothi doubtfully, and Saelothi flipped a coin in the air. The girl brought the drinks, and Saelothi made her way over to the others.

She pulled down the hood of her cloak, revealing her lineage, and rested her hands on the end of their table. "Would you two be interested in having an extra pair of hands?"

Last edited by Saelothi on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Public#4PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 10:25 am

Kat (the desert/wood elf hybrid) had a map opened on the wooden bar table that displayed the properties of a certain facility. The map was marked with some sort of orcish symbol on it. It was all jeslorian languages though so unless Saelothi had extensive knowledge on the elven species in the galaxy she wouldnt know of most of the things that were written there. Evelyn was ready to draw her blade and raise her shield when she noticed Saelothi was joining them but Kat told her she could sheath her weapons.

They both listened to what she had to say and Evelyn ignored it to drink more of the alcohol from her canteen while Kat who was clearly in the leading position turned to Saelothi. "Certainly. Our ranger Sylvia has called off because she thinks we can handle it on our own and she wanted to put more time in her relationship with her wife so we're an agile archer short... You dont happen to be a ranger too do you?" The hispanic elf asked her. While the equipment of the mercenary lended itself to the elven heritage of sticking to traditional weaponry by wielding blade and shield the leader of the two was clearly a modern sniper. "My inside man said that we'll be facing off against orcs. Think you can handle a few brutes?"
Back to top Go down
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#5PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm

A few brutes? Saelothi thought, a wide smile spreading across her face. "At least give me a challenge."

Her heart sped up at the idea of another job like this. It had been a while since she'd gotten out on a job worth her while. With her hands on a bow and arrow, she felt unstoppable. If they needed an agile archer, she was absolutely up to the task.

Saelothi looked at the map the Elves had open on the table. Even with her knowledge of languages, she was at a loss as to what it said. There was a decently large symbol on it, which looked to be Orcish. Either way, Saelothi had a hope that they would share it with her if they decided to take her on.

"I'm a pretty experienced ranger. Perhaps you've heard of me? My name's Saelothi." Her humility didn't let her expect anyone to know who she was, but in her travels, she'd discovered many people had at least heard of the half-blind Elven ranger.

Last edited by Saelothi on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Public#6PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Kat looked at her and smirked. Confidence was a thing she very much liked in mercenaries and other sorts of help she would get in combat. But overconfidence is what got alot of her own assaulters and pushers killed, fortunatly she wasnt short of medics. "Im afraid i cant say i've heard of you yet. But that might be because im a busy woman and this is one of the last batches of jeslore elves i need to save. I barely go on operations head on myself because, like in this operation i will deliver support. But if you are taking pride in your work as a ranger, perhaps you have heard of another elven woman named Sylvia Rootheart? She's of the same species as Evelyn over there."

She marked a few places on the map that showed the facility next to placing a copper, silver and gold coin on the map. The gold one (clearly resembling herself) was placed on a building closeby the facility. The copper coin, reflective of Evelyn's armor colors was placed inside the building alongside a large amount of other coins. She then reached in her pocket and got a small flower and a platinum coin from it and placed them on the map as well. "So, i am the golden coin, Evelyn and my soldiers are copper coins. The others will be dropped once we get noticed, wich we will. My associate umug who is also an orc is the platinum coin. Once on the mission i will tell you how to identify him. This flower is the escape vehicle and the silver coin, is Saelothi. I didnt count on a ranger today so you can choose where your position is."
Back to top Go down
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#7PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 3:19 am

Saelothi picked up the silver coin and flipped it in her hand before placing it exactly where it was on the map. She had always liked shiny things, and she liked shiny things with monetary value even more.

Clearly this Elf knew what she was doing. "One of the last batches of Jeslore Elves," she had said. That meant she'd done it more than once, probably many times. She pulled a seat over and sat with her arms leaning on the back of the chair and her legs around the back.

"Sylvia Rootheart is a very familiar name, but I can't place where I know she from." Saelothi felt that honesty was the best route with these two. She didn't know them, but living on her own taught her to make fast judgements about people in general. They seemed to be the kind of Elves to value honesty amongst teammates.

She rubbed the back of her neck, pondering what position she could fill that would benefit the mission most. "I don't know the mission," she said. "You two have clearly run this kind of operation before. I can offer you a perfect shot with a bow and a stealthy, silent leader. I can be a distraction, or I can infiltrate." She picked up the silver coin and flipped it again. "I'm not going to pretend to own this mission because you have put a lot of time into it." She flipped the coin to Kat. "I'll be wherever you want me to be."
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Public#8PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 3:52 pm

"Knew it, Sylvia had a galaxy wide reputation for herself for a while, sadly she seemingly wants to retire..." She listened to Saelothi and smirked at her stealth explanation. "If only we could do this stealth wise... But we're moving their only 'produce' so we'll have to go loud. Wich is why i hired Evelyn here. Regardless, i will be putting you in a pusher position, it seems to be the best application for rangers anyway. It may sound difficult but what you do is lay down suppresive fire, aim to kill but with the priority to disrupt. I'll have some of my loyalists be getting dropped off in..... Uh oh... We only got 50 minutes left before our target lands."

She stood up and so did Evelyn and Kat beckoned for Saelothi to follow them. She led them to a small van and prompted them all to get in. "I just got message from my charlot unit, the assault is in full progress and my poor orcish associate is in there unarmed. SO! Change of plans, Evelyn, you go get Umug. You, no disrespect intended but you're on me. Im a sniper and need help in closer ranges wich is what rangers can do, right? Regardless DONT surrender to these orcs. And sorry for not saying this before but im a bit of a high profile target to them so can i trust you to watch me back out there?"
Back to top Go down
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#9PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Saelothi was slightly caught off guard by the Elves' sudden jump in energy. She was familiar with this kind of mission, so it wouldn't be too much of problem. Still, she's most comfortable in missions involving stealth.

I have to adjust my strategy, she thought to herself.

"Will 50 minutes be enough time?" She asked, getting into the van with the others. "Just how long are we expecting to be under enemy fire?"

It wasn't necessarily nerves that made her question, but rather unfamiliarity. If Kat had done this many times before, she would know the routine a lot better than Saelothi and Saelothi would be a fool not to inquire about a few things.

"I'm fine in intimate fights," she added, not wanting to barrage them with questions without exchanging information in return. "How many Orcs are we expecting? And how many Elves? I need to know before I waste my arrows."

She had been in plenty of battles that caused her to lose all of her arrows and still win the fight. That being said, her primary mission was to make sure Kat got out unscathed. This wasn't new to her. During her many years as a ranger, Saelothi had been hired to fight as a bodyguard of some sort to an important person, making sure they were safe. She knew how important one life could be to war efforts. Either way, this was happening.
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Public#10PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 am

Kat drove the admittedly crappy if unsuspecting van at it's highest speed. Upon arrival the knight rushed into the facility head over heels. Kat stayed behind with Saelothi outside to give her a quick briefing. In the meanwhile gunshots and grunts could be heard. Combat was getting hot inside the building. "Okay, before we go in let's give you a rundown! If you stick with me you shouldnt be under intense enemy fire because once i get to my troops there will be a charlot unit protecting me. Intel is limited but spies believe these are the last Jeslorian elven slaves that have not been sold yet. We believe it's around 50 of them wich is why we used a large drop ship to extract them from the building. The amount of orcs is unkown but you can bet it would be classified as 'alot' because the species they're going to sell is worth alot."

She then loaded her musket looking sniper rifle and ran to the door. She kicked open the door and loosened two shots at hostile brutes. The orcs wore thick armor and carried heavier weaponry such as light machine guns and heavier assault rifles. "I have on my comm device the status of my pirates i have here, it's about 35 of my best and brightest and i've yet to lose one but im supposed to cover them, so let's get a move on." She then went ahead and went through the hallways. A few hallways and shootings later she eventually found a large warehouse where the main fight was raging. And they came up from behind the doors. Quickly she closed the doors again and turned to Saelothi. "Okay... we have a bit of a problem here... How do you want to aproach this?"
Back to top Go down
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#11PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:01 am

Saelothi thought quickly. She listened to the battle and quickly realized that they might not have been as prepared as they thought they were. She ran over in her mind their discussion at the bar and grinned, pulling out a metal arrow with a silver tip and a blinking white light. "Aim to kill with the priority to disrupt," she said, remembering Kat's original directions.

"I've got your back. Don't worry. This'll give us a minor explosion with a major smoke screen. Arrow of my own design. Hopefully, it'll stun the enemy enough to get this done. The smoke won't do any real damage." Saelothi twisted the tip of the arrow to the left, preparing it to activate. She pulled a cloth mask up from around her neck to cover her mouth and nose. "Do your people have masks like this?"

She knew that there would still be fighting that needed to be done, but she was extremely skilled with her hidden daggers. As long as they had the advantage, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

"What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
denheim
Level 8
denheim

William

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Public#12PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am

The chaos inside the facility was the diversion he needed. Taking advantage of his undetected presence, William quietly slipped into the ventilation shafts and silently made his way into one of the main offices inside the building - where he was supposed to retrieve a data module that contained vital information about the Helix virus; how it got here was anyone's guess, but he had a hunch that one of the prisoners was probably a scientist who was researching about the virus. It didn't matter though, his job was to retrieve the data module and slip out as quickly as possible - preferably undetected. 

After a short crawl through the air vents, something unexpectedly unfortunate happened. Some brazen elf - whom he recognized as the Pirate Queen - kicked open one of the doors and let loose 2 shots from her rifle. That, in itself wasn't the problem; the problem was that one of the bullets ricocheted off one of the steel beams and went through one of the joints that held the ventilation shaft together. He didn't bother trying to hold on as his mind raced to come up with a new method to get to the data module - all while falling of course. The fortunate part was that the orcs were too preoccupied with shooting at the pirates to notice him. 

William hid behind the many crates within the facility, and remained extremely careful not to alert the orcs to his presence. However, he did bring out one of his silenced pistols just in case. Swiftly, and yet stealthily, William stalked through the places where the eyes do not see....
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t1923-william-watley-the-white-death
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Public#13PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

She nodded and whipped out two pistols and held them next to her head. "Alright, sounds good. I will kick the door open again, you punch the arrow off and then we run to our side of the battlefield and take our positions. I will begin picking off the enemy and you lay down suppressive fire, they will start to advance shortly after." She then kicked the door open and began running to the other side of the ware house while the enemy tried taking aim at her.
Back to top Go down
denheim
Level 8
denheim

William

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Public#14PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 3:48 pm

"Damn it all woman!" He screamed in his head as he watched in morbid fascination, Kat the pirate queen, enter through the door and running to find cover. One of the orcs could've shot her, maybe even injure her if he hadn't made a split second decision that was - admittedly - impulsively made. The orcish brute took aim with its crude, yet efficient weapon, but before it could fire; William shot it in the head, the orc dropped dead on the floor with a fist sized hole in its head. The super-heated tungsten slug had torn through the orcs' head and went through the nearby wall, hitting another orc on the other side. Luckily for him, no one heard the shot, and he continued moving in silence up the stairs. 

"I swear that woman is going to get herself killed on of these days"
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t1923-william-watley-the-white-death
SilverDragonsBlood
Level 1
SilverDragonsBlood

Ranger

Character
Neutral
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Public#15PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 pm

They did exactly as Kat said. Saelothi's arrows flew through orcs left and right, while Saelothi made sure Kat's health was in its prime. She used about half of her arrows and switched to her knives, deflecting shots while fighting off close attackers. Kat was a wonderful shot, possibly better than Saelothi when it came to guns. Probably why the ranger mainly stuck to her bow.

As they neared the side of the warehouse, Saelothi started running backwards, focusing on the action behind Kat. "Your move!"
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Public#16PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Kat ran through the battle and jumped to land behind the barriers that the charlot units had raised. Once behind the cover of the light shields she raised her sniper rifle and fired off a few shots, each hitting an enemy in the head to effectively cover Shaelothi's aproach to the shields. The charlot units who had the shields raised began their aproach to the orcish front but it seems the brutes knew they wouldnt win and retreated. They yelled something about loading the produce back and retreating as they ran back to their ship. They pushed the slaves back in there and took off in their ship.

Kat herself was pissed off at their retreat and wasnt about to let them escape that easily. She took a comm device from her hip and angrily excited the building, casually shooting anyone in her way. "Everyone! Get back to the ship, they're hightailing it and we're not letting them go! Quareen, bring me a viral!"

Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#17PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 pm

"Comming right up "Your highness" Quareen was excited finally she got to cruise in a Viral. Instantly she turned on the intercom "The Crew trained to opperate a Viral please Board one we have to help Kat so ist y´alls lucky day!"

After Boarding a Viral Quareen send the Location of Kat to the Pilots so they atleast know where to go. And since Quareen was quite bored waiting in that chair untill Kat says what to do, she decided to also go aboard.

After a bit of a flight The ship finally came to a stop at Kats Position Quareen decided to take her comm device and Call Kat "The ship has arrived now whats the order?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Public#18PostSubject: Re: Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)   Roaming Ranger... (OPEN) Empty

Back to top Go down

Roaming Ranger... (OPEN)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1