Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Thieves Guild Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Thieves Guild Training Empty
Private#1PostSubject: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 4:54 pm

The two figures conversed wordlessly in the darkness minute hand signs almost invisible to most passerbyers outlined an incredible plan to grow the local thieves into something more, much much more.  Already the search for a remote uninhabited planet was underway.  One of the figures expected to hear from their scouting party at any time.  Hence the reason for two to actually meet and "converse".  Small vibrations rippled through the com on his bicep hidden by his clothing.  The vibrations soft and silent just strong enough to be felt.  Each vibration eargerly anticipated by both cloaked figures.

The coversation continued worldlessly, "Found.  Planet small uninhabitable.  No sign of interested parties."

"This is the one that we've been looking for.  How long before we're able to begin?"

"Tomorrow.  One or two ships days apart.  Two years to build.  Another six months for recruitment."

"Liquidation of assets begins now.  Congrats."

Just as stealthily as the two figures had entered the dark alley and conversed they vanished into the darkness.  Voices could be heard drifting away from the scene of the encounter though, "Yes darling can you begin to liquidate my portfolio? I'm thinking about trying my hand in real estate and need some capital."

Last edited by Kaeda on Tue May 02, 2017 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t931-kaeda
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#2PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Six months later in yet another dark alley:

The wordless words flew thick and heavy as multiple members clung to the shadows.

"We've arranged for six masters to serve as teachers of the arts.  Each one has pledged a year of service to the training of others."

"I've arranged for members to tithe a percentage of their takes to help with building and production costs.  Each knows what's at stake.

"How is construction going?"

"We're still drilling.  It's going to be a long tedious process.

"There's no way to detect what we're doing from space?

"No.  There's no real way to detect what we're doing from the surface either.  It will be almost impossible for anyone to stumble upon us."

"How is recruitment going?"

"Unsure.  Know that once our mssion is complete recruitment will be much easier."

"I hope so for your sake."

"Still no signs of interest from the factions?"

"Small planet with no resources.  Nobody but us wants it."

Multiple hands made the exact same sign at the same time, "Perfect."
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#3PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm

On the surface of the remote planet things remained unchanged.  Huge craters formed the surface proof to all of the meteor showers that impacted the planet; with more potential energy than a nuclear blast it was no surprise the factions chose not to try to develop this particular planet.  Inside one of the deepest craters a section of earth peeled away revealing a large tunnel deep into the earth.  An air lock hissed before opening and moments later the transfer of goods between two figures in space suits commenced. 

The thieves guild wanted, no needed, the best that money had to offer in the way of deterants, traps, and all other anti-thievery devices.  To that end members from all walks of life began bringing in models, sketches, diagrams, and even complete fully functional units.  Retinal scanners, fingerprint and palm scanners, voice recognition, thermal scanners, the list continued to grow.  As the list continued to grow so did the work going on underneath the planet's surface as more and more rooms were necessary to house areas to train against the new, and old, technologies.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#4PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 5:51 pm

"It's been fifteen months since we began, where are we?"

"We've just completed our primary building and barracks.  The various school rooms are half-way completed and the tunnel systems are still being dug.  Speaking of tunnel systems the labrynth will connect them all.  It's been slow going constructing it though due to miners getting themselves confused.

"Good.  If the miners get confused it will be a true test for our recruits.  What about water and air?"

"We're still having to bring in all of our supplies but work is under way to create a greenhouse for food and oxygen.  Water will still be a problem though.  We're going to require massive amounts of it.  One of the engineers has proposed creating an underground lake with water pumped throughout the complex to keep it from becoming stagnate.  If we fill it with a hundred thousand gallons of water it will last a considerable amount of time.  Just going to take some time to aquire that amount of fresh water without arousing suspicion."

"Even our lowliest of thieves can steal a few cases of water.  Make it a priority."

"Done."

"Are we going to meet the deadline of 24 months?"

"Nine months left a lot can happen."

"Six months to train the first class of recruits out here after that.  I hope we're ready."
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#5PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyMon May 01, 2017 6:13 pm

The number of recruits was begining to grow and the leadership soon became engrossed in the details of planning for the various courses that would need to be taught.  The Thieves Guild would offer classes from beginer to advanced in all manner of skills required by any type of thief be it beggar or ceo. As the number of classes began to grow it soon became appartent that more and more teachers and more and more money were needed.  Pressure was soon put on affluent members who were less than eager to contribute at first but soon recognized the need for more fully trained members.

With the increase in cash flow the guild was able to finish building their training facility and then fully staff it.  Ready for the first class of recruits the guild set out to seek out even more promising thieves who they could train to become experts.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#6PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyTue May 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Chester Humphries III surveyed the official first class they were a sorry lot really.  Most of them had come from humble beginings and were the dredges of society.  Most he was sure would choose the easy path for a thief.  The path of a typical thief stealing from stationary builings with single inhabitants or families, easy.  That wasn't for expert thieves.  What he wanted to create was a vast network of thieves who were cabable of doing much much more.  From stealing state secrets from the various factions to stealing trade secrets from businesses through the universe anything was possible.

As he prepared to address the assembly he laughed internally at his grandiose plans.  Where would those plans be without the funding the other thieves were going to be able to offer? Stealing from homes was going to be a large part of what the guild had to offer.  Although the homes he envisioned breaking into weren't the slums that those gathered there came from.  Chester forsaw stealing art, gems, and even magical artifacts that would draw fortunes and increase the call for the thieves guild's services.  This, this was only the begining of something extraordinary.

"Greetings one and all I want to welcome you all to the new home of the thieves guild.  I want to warn you as well what you are about to partake in will not be easy.  It will not be fun.  It will be work, perhaps the most exteme work you will ever encounter.  I assure you the skills that you learn here in the next six months will be invaluable to yourself and to the guild for the rest of your lives.  In just a moment I'm going to hand you over to the dean of this establishment and he'll walk you through the process of getting your courses assigned to you.  I wish you all the best of luck and hope to witness you all standing tall and proud in this very room six months from now."
Back to top Go down
SillyRabbit
Level 12
SillyRabbit

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#7PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyTue May 02, 2017 5:54 pm

(((Remus)))
Remus tuned out the speach it was just another boring speach after all.  He eyed the other "classmates" with a sense of revulsion would he really be forced to go through "school' with all of these? He watched as a handfull of the small minded individuals tried stealing from one another presumably to impress the staff.  If whoever they were trying to steal from had brought anything worth stealing it was even worse than the actual theft. 

The true test of this place was going to be seeing if he could survive the stupidty, the ignorance, and the unwashed stench of those gathered.  Blah blah blah and blah blah blah... the speach wrapped up and the man passed the stage over to somebody else with the promise of them showing how to "get your courses".  It was a school for thieves what possible courses did they have to offer? He looked over those gathered once more and began trying to pick out specialties for each one.  Here was one who looked more like an assassin than a thief.  Over there a figure visible only because of the lack of something visible in the open space, sneaky.  A handfull of others looked completly out of place as if they would feel more at home in front of a com or computer.  So he would have a few peers, interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t942-lt-dan-l-grumpy-voxic
Lineak
Level 27
Lineak

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#8PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyTue May 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Roland was used to being on stage and the view that it gave him of an audience.  He knew just how much the speaker was able to view from his elevated perspective and also knew some of the recruits were clueless.  He wasn't sure if the cluelessness was ignorance or stupidity but was sure whoever was in charge had probably been briefed on each and every one of the recruits.  They would know.  His gaze wandered around the assembly noting the slender builds of most, the age differences, the genders, and heigth, and the various species present.  If the thieve's guild had any kind of prejudice it wasn't an easy one to find.

Economically the room was just as diverse as they appeared to be in every other way.  From lowly beggars to people who looked like they could be captains of industry the guild looked to have its claws everywhere.  As the speaker droned on about the skills they were going to learn Roland tried to fit the pieces together in his mind.  What would the guild need with corporate giants and military members? The answer was sobering.  The guild wasn't stealing peanuts they were aiming to be a force to be reckoned with.

"In just a moment I'm going to hand you over to the dean of this establishment and he'll walk you through the process of getting your courses assigned to you."

This was interesting as well.  It meant that the school didn't treat everyone to the same cookie cutter courses.  It meant a thief could dictate just what he or she could be.  In prinipal at least.  He was sure a pickpocket wasn't going to be able to steal corporate secrets.  Not without one hell of a lot of help.  It was going to be interesting to see just what kind of courses were offered though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t506-lineak
Drake
Level 26
Drake

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards
 Thieves Guild Training LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month

Private#9PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyWed May 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Shade looked straight at the man on the stage. She listened intently, taking mental notes of everything the man said. She had never been very good in school, but she was determined to change that here.

Foolishly, a young kid, maybe sixteen, with sandy blond hair and forest green eyes tried to pickpocket her. As the first speech ended, Shade reacted. Spinning silently she drew her bow and pulled the notch of an arrow against the string. Slight winds started to swirl around her right forearm, flowing from the tip of her feathered arrow.

"Do not try to steal from a better thief or an archer. We watch all and notice all. You won't win." The boy scrambled back as an arrow appeared, a hair's breadth from his face. He nodded silently, fear plastered on his face.

Shade, satisfied with his reaction, let the magic in the winds disperse. With a loud pop a rush of air made it's way through the room, Shade at it's epicenter. Smiling slightly, she turned back to the front of the room, awaiting the coming of the second instructor. Her bow and arrow was still drawn though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t1192-elizabeth-penry
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#10PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat May 06, 2017 3:46 pm

Chester looked out over the eclectic group of thieves that had been assembled as the first training class with a mixed feeling of joy and anxiety.  So many thieves here and so many different skills sets present.  He tried not to laugh as some of the more inexperienced attempted to pick the pockets of other more skilled thieves.  He made a mental note to keep an eye on these poor fools.  They were eager to impress and that often ended up with a dead thief in the real world.  As he addressed the thieves he allowed his eyes to roam over all of those assembled making mental notes on how they were dressed, how they presented themselves, if they were paying attention, and if they were doing the same.  While it was vitaly important to pay attention to what was being said, it was just as important to keep an eye out around you at all times.  A thief might only have a fraction of a second between life and death.  Here they were all going to learn just that.  It was a pity that some of them would die along the way but such was the life of a thief.

"Ladies and gentlemen allow me to introduce Vlad Druunz dean of this establishment.  His credentials are more than impeccable and were I to read off a list of his accomplishments I'm afraid both he and I would either wind up dead or in jail somewhere rotting for the remainder of our lives.  Know that whatever you thieves have accomplished this man has done more.  Learn from him and one day you may surpass him.  Vlad, they are all yours."

Vlad was a small unassuming man standing a mere five feet tall with close cropped brown hair, a neatly groomed goatee and wire framed glassess.  He looked over the thieves and smiled.  When he spoke his voice was mild mannered and friendly but is voice held a hint of steeliness.

"There are a series of booths that will rise from the floor in approximately two minutes.  Located next to the booths are going to be professors, all of them expert thieves.  For those of you who have difficulties with technology they will assist you in choosing your courses.  For those of you who do not have such a handicap the booths will be simple.  Touchscreens monitors will allow you to navigate your way through.  I want to make this absolutly clear to you all.  While there are an incredibly wide array of skills for you to learn you should all stick with one subset of skills for the time being.  Classes are held in fifteen buildings all seperated by an expanse called the labyrnth.  If any of you have a death wish you are welcome to attempt to traverse it.  Only after you have completed your first round of classes will you be allowed to navigate it.  When you do you will do so with at least two other thieves who will have skill sets different from your own.  This will increase the liklihood of any, and hopefully all of you, making it out alive."

Vlad paused to allow his words to soak in before continuing.  "When the booths raise from the floor I expect everyone here to do two things.  First I expect you all to move in a manner that will not injure any of your classmates.  Secondly I expect you all to be patient.  As thieves you are going to learn patience as well as team work.  I don't care what skills you think you possess.  I don't care if you are a loner.  I don't give a damn if don't take orders.  You WILL be patient and you WILL work as a team while you are here.  The alternative is leaving in a body bag.  Am I understood?"
Back to top Go down
Lineak
Level 27
Lineak

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#11PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat May 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Roland laughed to himself as he witnessed the thief pull out his bow.  He weaved his way through the other thieves until he could get close enough to be heard.  "Don't know who you are friend but I'd put the bow away.  There are all manner of thieves here who just targeted it as a magical object and thus worth taking.  Of course it could be you with the magic."

The new figure took the stage and Roland decided to tune in at least a bit to hear what the dean had to say.

"While there are an incredibly wide array of skills for you to learn you should all stick with one subset of skills for the time being"

Ok? What subsets were there?  It wasn't like there was a list of them right in front of him to choose from.  But from what he had gathered looking around the room there were a wide variety of thieves here who would all have different specialties.  So, go with something that you're already decent with.  Don't just learn it, master it.  That was simple enough, hopefully.

"This will increase the liklihood of any, and hopefully all of you, making it out alive."

That sentence was both mind numbing and sobering.  Everyone here was a thief.  Was death really possible?  What kind of crazy intense training was going to happen here? For the first time Roland began to second guess his choice to train here.

"You WILL be patient and you WILL work as a team while you are here.  The alternative is leaving in a body bag."

It looked like at least one of his questions had been answered.  The training was going to incredibly dangerous.  As Vlad called out if he was understood Roland joined the rest of the recruits yelling out a hoarse, "Yes!" Understood and somewhat alarmed by it.  What was there to do but deal with it though?
Back to top Go down
SillyRabbit
Level 12
SillyRabbit

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#12PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySat May 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Remus stared at Vlad trying to visualize the figure on stage as a successfull and largely unheralded thief.  He wracked his brain for any extremely daring heists where the thief had gotten away attempting to put this nondescript looking man in the role of master thief.  It wouldn't stick.  Something about Vlad just didn't scream thief to him.  With a laugh Remus decided that might be what made Vlad a master.

As he spoke Remus could see members of the audience lean in attentively sucked in by the man's softly spoken words.  He could see wheels turning in minds all accross the room.  He could hear it when people stopped breathing after a not so veiled threat of doom was spoken.  As soft as Vlad appeared to be it was looking like he was far from it.  As a bit of a rebel Remus wasn't sure he liked the prospect of this particular man being the dean. 

"You WILL be patient and you WILL work as a team while you are here.  The alternative is leaving in a body bag."

The words cut Remus as he was both a loner and not patient in the least.  Patience wasn't exactly a requirement when you were dealing with advanced tech.  You wanted to use it, or bybass it, as quickly as possible.  Waiting around for guards to find you wasn't what a thief did.  Thieves were far more fluid than that.  And yet.... It looked like here and now things were going to have to change.  As other thieves called out in agrement Remus fough to hold back a stream of obcenities.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Level 26
Drake

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#13PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptySun May 07, 2017 2:44 am

Shade looked down as a dwarf appeared at her side. Heeding the man's words she looked around at the thirds surrounding them. Sure enough, there was a number of them offline her bow.

"Thank you, Dwarf, but if I may, why did you tell me that?" She asked, slightly confused as to why this fellow thief would help her out, especially before they were told to do so. However, before the dwarf could respond, a new speaker had appeared.

A number of those around her were smirking at the unassuming man, but Shade knew better. This man was a master of his craft. The very fact that he was as plain and unassuming as he was is a testament to his achievements. No thief wanted to be recognizable, and this man had perfected the art of blending in.

Listening to his words, Shade had already decided what her first courses were going to be. Lockpicking, she wanted to take lockpocking and safecracking. Hopefully, the classes weren't on a first come first serve basis. As the man finished his speech, Shade looked up when he emphasized patience and teamwork. While she had never really worked well in a team, she was a very patient person. Bending down ever so slightly to speak with the dwarf, she whispered,

"We should wait, let the idiots go first. Then we will know who is worth teaming up with by who doesn't try to go first." No sooner than she had finished talking did all the younger, hot-blooded thieves rush to the consoles. A number of them tried to force their way through to one, only to be called out by the professors. As she had advised, Shade merely waited for the tide to subside.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#14PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyMon May 08, 2017 7:35 pm

(((@shade with those being your interests you will have a wide variety of courses available.  However, I'd send you to locks and deterrents.  More than just picking a lock it will be all manner of locks.  From a simple lockpicking with a paperclip to overcoming sophisticated voice / eye recognition....)))

A mad rush of thieves stormed the consoles as they did laughter rang out from the stage.  "Did I not just tell you patience was something you needed?"  Vlad squeezed one hand into a fist triggering a switch held in his palm.  Immedietly sparks and then bolts of lightning began flying from one console to the next until the outer perimeter of the room was ablaze with streaks.  "Now, how are we going to overcome your first obstacle? I know you all.  I know your skills and skill levels.  I know your histories.  I know that this little obstacle can be overcomed, but I also know it might just kill a few of you.  Who of you is going to be the one to prove themselves?"

The words were hardly out of his mouth when projectiles flew towards the stage.  Knives, arrows, a javeline all came flying at Vlad who wordlessly, and effortlessly, avoided them all.  With a movement so fast it was imperceptible to most small blades were thrown striking down the would be assailants.  "Lesson number two is a simple one folks.  Don't underestimate your teachers.  It looks like the odds of getting the classes you want just improved.  Now what are you all going to do about the lightning?"
Back to top Go down
Lineak
Level 27
Lineak

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#15PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyMon May 08, 2017 8:33 pm

-"Thank you, Dwarf, but if I may, why did you tell me that?"

Roland chuckled to himself why had he said something? It went back to performing on stage he guessed.  It might be entertaining at times to see a magician injure themselves on stage but professional courtesy meant if you were aware of a potential threat you let the magician know.  Here surrounded by other thieves it made sense to let another be aware.

"We should wait, let the idiots go first. Then we will know who is worth teaming up with by who doesn't try to go first." 

The words rang true for Roland.  He was halfway through thinking of a response when the unthinkable happened. "Did I not just tell you patience was something you needed?"  The sizzle of electricity and the smell of ozone in the room were unmistakable.  A soft "oh shit" escaped from Roland's mouth as he stared around the room.  "I know that this little obstacle can be overcomed, but I also know it might just kill a few of you." That was perfect, just perfect.  Roland continued staring at the lightning bolts before looking at the people around him.  He reached down to touch his clothing before touching the person who he had been talking with.  Curious.  Unable to see closer to the screens he posed a simple question.

"Can you see any static? Your hair looks fine.  Your clothes, my clothes, no static.  Can you see any signs of a static charge building up?"

He'd be surprised if the answer was yes.  But then again he had heard Vlad say this surprise might kill a few people.  Screams from around him caused the dwarf to redirect his attention.  He had missed what had happened, and now there were people dead.  Not playing dead, but dead dead. From the stage Vlad began speaking once more.

"Lesson number two is a simple one folks.  Don't underestimate your teachers.  It looks like the odds of getting the classes you want just improved.  Now what are you all going to do about the lightning?"

Back to top Go down
SillyRabbit
Level 12
SillyRabbit

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#16PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyMon May 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Remus was one of the fools who ran towards the machines eager to sign up for his tech classes, not that he needed them.  The booths didn't look like anything special.  No logos, no flashes of color, just plain gray, metalic that was odd.  Curiousity took hold and he reached out a hand to feel the metal.  As he did lightning came shooting out flying from one terminal to the next in a giant chain of electrical death.  Knowing just how close to death he had just came Remaus took a breath before kneeling and staring at the booth.  There was something not right with it.  Some secret that he wasn't able to reveal just yet.  Hell there was quite a bit wrong with what he was seeing.  No obvious weld marks, no rivets, screws, bolts, no hardware of any kind.  What struck him the most though was the fact that it was metal.  Why metal? Plastics were cheaper, lighter, and easier to work with for the most part.

Answers were slow to come but questions they seemed to be multiplying in Remus' mind.  Although the one answer he had was a simple one.  Metal because of its properties with electricity.  This wasn't magic it was technology.  Technology was what he excelled in.  Time to think this through then.  Unaware of everything around him Remus continued his study of the object in front of him.  It looked like it was fabricated as an entire solid piece.  depending on how thick the metal was that could mean the weight was substantial or neglible.  There had to be room for the various internal components though.  The thought brought another one.  How was the lightning not frying the internals? Whoever had designed this little production wouldn't have wanted to waste their tech now would they?  Insulation of some kind or a way to redirect the lightning away from vital parts had to be it.

He turned to study the way the lightning flowed from one place to the next studying where it hit and where it seemed to depart from.  It looked like they were always the same spots on each and every device.  Electricity didn't work that way.  Not striking the same place without a reason.  Finding where it hit might be enough to negate it if he could find a safe way to interrupt the path.  That was a big if.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Level 26
Drake

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#17PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyTue May 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Shade watched as the terminal were lit up with electrical arcs. She heard several bodies hit the ground. Turning back dowager the speaker, she noticed the numerous weapons that dotted the floor around him. His hands were clasped neatly behind his back. Looking closely at the man, she saw that the folds of his clothes were slightly different. He had moved, much more than was needed to dodge the weapons. Turning to her new companion, she spoke,

"Terminals are conduits, that's funny. Look for a control box. Probably near the stage. Or switches on the terminals. We would need to turn several of the coils off, or we can destroy the control box." Shade promptly stretched her vision to it's limits, scouring the area around the stage. She noticed the controller in the speaker's hands as well a strange box at the back of the stage.

Pulling out her bow, Shade was again mocked an arrow. "Dwarf, I will aim for that box at the back of the stage, hopefully it's a control box. What do you think?" She said to the dwarf, pulling her arrow back.
Back to top Go down
Lineak
Level 27
Lineak

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#18PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyTue May 09, 2017 5:52 pm

"I think some of the lightning isn't real.  Matter of fact I know it isn't.  I'll prove it."  Roland motioned up to her hair.  "No static electricity buildup in your hair.  No scorch marks where the lightning is hitting.  What else is just an illusion?  I need a closer look."

With no further comment Roland walked towards one of the machines.  His years spent creating illusions for stage magic giving him a different eye than most he studied the machine in front of him.  Seamless metal with a screen seemingly growing right out of the metal in front.  Seeing no scorch marks on it or even near it he moved on to the next one.  Time after time he moved from one to the next each one identical to the next.  It was only when he reached one close to the stage that he saw signs of a burn.  He grinned before turning to address Vlad.  "Clever, very clever."
Back to top Go down
SillyRabbit
Level 12
SillyRabbit

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#19PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training EmptyTue May 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Remus watched the dwarf move around the room and was quick to join him in doing so.  If anybody was going to figure this thing out it was somebody who was actually looking to do so.  He laughed when he saw the eager archer with her bow at the ready this didn't call for archery.  This was science plain and simple, wasn't it?

He studied the dwarf's reaction to the last unit with puzzlement at first and then laughed along with him.  So much for not needing the bow after all.  Maybe the dwarf hadn't caught it, but Remus had.  In simple Xs and Ox were written the words "Shoot here".

"Clever, very clever" came from the Dwarf and Remus had to agree.  He didn't know what else to do though besides have the archer go ahead and fire an arrow into it.

"Hey you with the bow over here.  Need you to shoot something."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Private#20PostSubject: Re: Thieves Guild Training    Thieves Guild Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Thieves Guild Training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1