Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework DQtpig0 Archaeologist
Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework K2DLTa9 Scholar

Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework Empty
Staff#1PostSubject: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 pm

After talking to the owner of the last RP site I used about the use of his systems and templates to build this site, I've decided to change how some of the things here have been constructed.

First and foremost; the Rank Images below avatars have been temporarily removed. This is because they used a template and design created by the other site's owner who did not wish for it to be used here for one sole reason. Not because he wanted to keep hold of his property for no reason; but to force us to create something new and original instead. I've seen this man own his site for years and can safely say he's a great guy, and so I've no problem with respecting his request that we don't use his template.

Don't worry though; Admins and Judges can still be identified by their coloured names, and peoples titles still appear in text underneath their name. I'm going to start working on a new design for our ranks, which may involve changes in how they work and their structure too.

Although this is only one change, there are more to come; The Factory and The Codex were both taken and adapted from the other site. He did not outright deny us the right to put our spin on these systems, but I will be changing them and removing some aspects. For example; I was going to implement Companies and Trading, but realised they have little place in our system.

He wasn't trying to say that we were stealing his property, but rather that thousands of other sites have tried to copy their system. Creating something new and original would be much better; and that's what we're going to do.

More details on these changes will come, but in the meantime suggestions and questions are welcome.

Last edited by Dan Almis on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Aaron-157
Level 13
Aaron-157

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Dead

Awards

Staff#2PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Are the specific rank names going to change or the images or both?
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Staff#3PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:46 pm

Aaron-157 wrote:
Are the specific rank names going to change or the images or both?

I'm thinking of keeping the rank names the same, unless there are suggestions for new ones. The images are subject to change depending on the new design.

The rank system on the other site is 3 tier: Apprentice - Knight - Master and the higher the rank the stronger the character is. While this is a great way to limit overpowered new characters, I think we can do that through other means and by common sense.

Meanwhile our ranking system could more reflect the achievements and renown of the character. You could say they already do this, but I can be quoted saying that rank=power in some cases, and I'd like that to change.

I'd prefer character development=power.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-157
Level 13
Aaron-157

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Dead

Awards

Staff#4PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm all for character development personally.

Also, if I may; I have a suggestion to rank factions as well.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Staff#5PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:55 pm

Aaron-157 wrote:
I'm all for character development personally.

Also, if I may; I have a suggestion to rank factions as well.

How many tiers would you suggest?

The other site 'ranked' them as Minor and Major (which is two tiers). Major Factions were big enough to have presence on the map, whereas Minors were essentially just a group of people. They had requirements such as; having to have 6 unique writers to go to Major Faction.

On our site progressing through Faction ranks would be best based off their story progression and achievements; which also allows for multiple tiers. For example the UNSC has done alot in our story and is well established, they'd deserve one of the (if not THE) highest faction rank, even with only a few writers.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-157
Level 13
Aaron-157

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Dead

Awards

Staff#6PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:42 pm

I'd suggest having two ranks for each faction: Minor/Major along with Technological Achievement Tiers.

By technological achievement, I propose the following which are inspired by Halo Lore, from lowest to highest:

Tier 7: Stone Age.
Tier 6: Industrial Age (Factories and such).
Tier 5: Atomic Age (The Splitting of the Atom, WMDs, etc).
Tier 4: Space Age (e.g. the Moon Landing).
Tier 3: Space-Faring (Semi-Sentient A.I, discovery of FTL, colonisation, etc).
Tier 2: Interstellar (Pinpoint or "super accurate" FTL navigation, near-instantaneous interstellar communication, application of energy manipulation (such as plasma weaponry))
Tier 1: World Builders (Ability to manipulate gravitational forces, create A.I with full sentience, creation of super-dense materials, create life and create worlds.

So the idea is that a faction may be minor or major depending on the amount of writers behind them or their role in the plot, but even minor factions would be able to excel major factions in terms of tech.

For example, right now, the UNSC as a supposedly Major Faction would stand at the latest stages of Tier 3 or the earliest stages of Tier 2. However the Forerunner Remnant, supposedly a Minor Faction, would stand at the highest stages of Tier 1.

I propose that the "Tiers" should be designated to factions depending on the description of their technologies or capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-157
Level 13
Aaron-157

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Dead

Awards

Staff#7PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Then again I'm just throwing ideas around here, not saying this SHOULD happen but just a suggestion if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staff#8PostSubject: Re: Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework   Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework Empty

Back to top Go down

Removal of Rank Title Images - Major Site Rework

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1