Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards
Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty
Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#1PostSubject: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 9:55 pm

I've had the idea to make a sub-faction in the Serpentum Imperium,this faction will revolve around exploring,surveying and collecting data.....It will also be an neat way to further deepen lore IC and build an "universal Archive" for all the people in the galaxy to come and enlighten themselves.

The reason why it would be an sub-faction is because it would be founded by an wealthy explorer of my faction as well as it being funded by the Imperium and whatever faction that would also donate to the explorers guild.The faction itself would have no ties to these factions meaning the characters involved would not have to fight or do anything on behalf of their sponsors.

Otherwise I could make this an faction on it's own but it would remain tier 1ish?

I don't know

I have yet to finish the concept for this so feedback is welcome.

PS:Ideas for a better name then "Explorers Guild" would be welcome....
Back to top Go down
degant123
Level 15
degant123

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Neat Idea in my opinion and if it comes to name hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe Asociation of Exploration and Collection
Back to top Go down
Clan Kyodain
Level 12
Clan Kyodain

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 12:30 am

Sounds like a pretty good idea.

I do a thing in Clan Kyodain where people can join up for small jobs as mercenaries in exchange for small bits of technology such as weapons or gear.
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:40 pm

Despite being funded by the Imperium and other donators they have minimal military support due to the guild being independent from other factions....Not wanting their discoveries to be influenced by other powers.....It's going to be an intergalactic NGO {Non-goverment organization}

This means that the guild itself can protect itself by hiring mercs or something.They could get protection from donator powers if they explore within their territory I guess....

These mercs will receive an hefty amount of money for guarding a few explorers,historians and scientists...

That's what I got so far for the contracting of third parties.

As for the explorers themselves.....Whilst under the employment of the guild they will have little if no ties to my faction itself. So anyone can basically join or associate themselves with the guild if they want to.

As for the name.....Idk yet......Association of Exploration and Collection might be good but I want to see more ideas first.
Back to top Go down
Kaeda
Level 15
Kaeda

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:37 pm

I like the premise behind the guild not sure about how it would actually play out though. I envision grave robbers getting a free hand to loot ancient burial grounds. Not to say it would play out that way, but it could.

Association for the collection and protection of ancient cultures. ACPAC
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t931-kaeda
Lineak
Level 27
Lineak

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Couple of questions:

1. Information obtained is it distributed to one and all or only to / through your faction.

2. Checks and balances in place to prevent what Kaeda mentioned.

3. Explorations occur where? Are they decided by member's faction or by your faction or at all?

4. If artifacts are discovered what becomes of them?

Center for the Preservation and Conservation of Ancient Cultures

Dusty Shelves: Dedicated Unbiased Searchers Training Youths in Science History Economics Law and Values by Exploring Societies
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t506-lineak
SillyRabbit
Level 12
SillyRabbit

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 9:54 pm

My two cents:

Information rules a battlefield and always has. The more information you have and the better equipped you are to process it the better off you are. That said, wars have been won and lost with scraps of information. If this were a faction I could see a massive, maybe even epic, battle taking place between other factions intent on securing whatever knowledge was possessed.

A guild would fall into a different set of problems, the least of which is ownership. Does the guild stand alone from one and all? If so it faces the dilema that the faction does. If the guild falls under the ownership of an individual or single patron then what happens when a rare object is found? If incredibly usefull information is uncovered is it disseminated throughout the galaxies? Who decides?

So... I'm thinking a guild works better for long term longevity. The guild shouldn't be set up with a single patron. Maybe a council of some kind sits atop the guild? If so you still would have to decide what happens with finds....
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t942-lt-dan-l-grumpy-voxic
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 pm

1. Info will be available to all with the more secretive secrets kept by the guild until they deem it safe to release to the public.For security reasons and it could serve as an backdrop to issues IC within the guild.

2. Within the explorer's guild would be an regulation group.The founder of the guild would respect ancient burial grounds and thus take steps to prevent his explorers from running off with artifacts.

3. Explorations would be both decided by faction heads {currently just me} or by faction members themselves. It's entirely open and you as members can decide how you wish to explore and discover in future threads. Large-scale explorations with various members would be run as small events in which other characters can join in. The entire purpose of this faction is to provide you all with the opportunity to work in a faction dedicated to exploring,adventures and building lore without having to swear oaths or serve in militaries and such like I've seen with every faction thus far.

4. Artifacts will be stored in the guild for others to view upon it and to conduct research,some artifacts can eventually be earned or kept by members for whatever purpose.

Center for the Preservation and Conservation of Ancient Cultures {Nice name thus far}

Dusty Shelves: Dedicated Unbiased Searchers Training Youths in Science History Economics Law and Values by Exploring Societies {Good lord Lineak....That is the largest abbreviation for an organization I've ever seen......Well done Laughing }
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#9PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:07 pm

@Sillyrabbit

The guild would eventually grow and yes so will the secrets they hold.{At least the secrets not made public}

The guild is owned by an Varanus noble who was an former explorer.Despite his ties with the Serpentum Imperium he will keep the faction independent from it.

Morally he would feel that knowledge belongs to all in the galaxy and as with his species curious nature he would openly push exploration to new heights.

The guild will have an council yes as each member regardless of rank has an say to what happens to the findings they collect.

But good points.....I will think about it.

Thanks all for the feedback keep it coming Very Happy

P.S:Because the guild will have an set location and will not expand much from set location I cannot really regard it as a fully fledged faction idk
Back to top Go down
SillyRabbit
Level 12
SillyRabbit

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#10PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 pm

First off good answers so far I like what I'm seeing.

Secondly I really like where this is heading.  I spent some time looking into fractions for Dan'l and there really isn't a place in the galaxy for somebody with a real rided moral code.  At least not in the existing factions.  A guild offers an alternative. 

And then breaking down the guild a bit.  Rather than having to vett mercenaries hired on as guardians perhaps there are seperate chapters within the guild.  Let me explain.  One chapter would be fascinated with the sciences, one with magic.  Yet another chapter could be for those who prefer the martial disciplines.  Each would individually add something to an exploration without having to seek outside assistance.  Each MIGHT be able to perform explorations on their own as well.  But having the knowledge and resources of the other two available would grant a great deal of flexibility to the guild, and to its members.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t942-lt-dan-l-grumpy-voxic
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#11PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 7:57 pm

@SillyRabbit

Good idea I will incorporate it when this guild becomes established.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Level 26
Drake

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#12PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Ok, just saying...

But I am going to sign up for it...and that is final...
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t1192-elizabeth-penry
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#13PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

To those who wanted to join the Explorer's guild check here:

https://convergencerp.rpg-board.net/t1304-gateway-to-the-imperium-open#8024
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty#14PostSubject: Re: Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.   Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome. Empty

Back to top Go down

Explorers Guild Idea Feedback welcome.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1