Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

A chance for a better life?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards
A chance for a better life? LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month

A chance for a better life? Empty
Public#1PostSubject: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Having arrived at the bar Eddie usually goes when he´s bored and has nothing to do,wich is all the time, he sat down on his usual chair infront of the all too familiar bar.

Checking the other People around he still finds no Change everybody is just.....familiar now
"The usual?" asked the bartender as Eddie thinks he heard that Phrase already thousands of times he simply replied
"Yup but shaken not sturred" as the bartender noded his head Eddie started to think.....what led me to be here all the time? I was on the top of the world he had a loving Family i had Money and i didn´t have to hang in a rathole all the time...i also had

But before he could´ve finished that thought he was interrupted by the bartender again delivering his drink but Eddie just sat there and replied "You know if you did something wrong i´d get a refund? right Georgie?" the bartender sighed also getting tired of Hearing that Phrase "you don´t have to remind me every time"

some time passes and Eddie chuckled a Little but then immediatley went back to stare into his Drink thinking what now ?
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#2PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 9:18 pm

The bar was mess,the drunk stumbling around trying to find solstice in the comfort of their drinks.

On several occasions did Kaiyan frequent this bar,it was a good place to pick up rumors and to find liquid refreshment,while he did stand out due to his alien appearance nobody dared make a move against the armour-clad robed reptilian.

He took a seat next to Eddie calling the bartender with a metallic claw. "Your strongest drink mosrakh."

The bartender frowned at the alien words and returned with a glass of a powerful brew of spirits. Kaiyan the credits for the drink on the table then took a long sip of the drink.....Hissing as he relaxed his senses. The reptilian adjusted his robes,the clink of weapons slipping from underneath the worn silk-like royal purple fabric. The viridian-scaled reptilian turned his head to Eddie eyeing him with half-slitted eyes containing the hint of contempt.

"You Zodarrin....I've seen you sit in that spot everytime I visit this marok...this hellhole.....I assume you are drinking for peace like the rest of these degenerates?" He hissed.
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#3PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Eddie eyed the Alien mustering his appearence "Now first off a tone like that gets you in a lotta Trouble around These parts. Second ima take Zodarrin as a compliment and third what are you here for? But this seat is mine and i drink here to have a good time and every other idiot that tried to take my seat ended up in Hospital at the end of the day"
After the end of his Statement he leaned back and took a sip of his drink awaiting a response
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#4PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 12:07 pm

Kaiyan still hidden under his hood,the tip of his scaled face visible in the dim light laughed. The human was amusing and impressed the former Legionnaire who saw that the zodarrin had the fire of a fighter....Something to be respected in the old ways of the Varanus.

Without warning the reptilian brought down his right clawed fist on the counter laughing before opening his fist to reveal a few credit chips as he called the barkeep over.

"Bartender another drink for this man on my tab." The reptilian grinned.

His laughter quickly died down as he answered the human's question.

"I'm here for somebody called the Sassss Brassss knuckler....Do you by any chance know who that is?" The reptilian remained hidden under his hood,his arms tucked under the robe covering his power armour,his voice struggling to pronounce the nickname of his quarry.
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#5PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 3:44 pm

"Huh not from around These parts but you already know my nickname that´s kinda weird but" he spread his arms bathing in his glory for a Moment "im the champ around here the face that runs this place.....The Sass and Brass knuckler"  he sank his arms as he was done talking......for now...

He lifted the newly aquired drink and sayed "Bottom´s up next rounds on me" Eddie thought he made it, getting another drink for free nonetheless and that his Reputation carried him beyond the sky of this planet, What else could lay beyond? maybe an imployer so he doesn´t have to live in a crappy Apartment, maybe a wizard master that`ll tell him hes a wizard and then he`ll go on to safe some Magic School, maybe just maybe something to do. 

But then just before he could taste the Vile stuff and spend the rest of the day wasted he realised something...how did he know my Name?
He asked the hooded figure "Wait....if you´re not from around here and don´t even think about lying to me because i never saw a Reptile here before How do you know my nickname?"
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#6PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 6:39 pm

So it is him....Kaiyan thought,he backed away slowly lifting from his chair making sure there is enough distance to react should the man attack. He calmly reacted.

"I've been employed by somebody who wants to ask a few questions.....Nothing more nothing less." The reptilian kept his hands hidden under the robe,eyes fixed upon every movement the man makes. "All I want is for you to come with me off-planet to meet him."

The bar seemed to quiet down as people noticed the tension between Eddie and the hooded reptilian.
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#7PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Eddie didn`t understand why some Corpral Cronie wanted to ask him questions and doesn`t even come himself instead he send some Wannabe Reptilian Monk to get e to him

"Now hold up just a second My momma always told me not to go on a ride with strangers especially if it´s a hooded Reptile telling me i should meet His employer on some other planet"

He stood up ready to take a swing if The Reptile wanted to start something
"And afterall why should i Come with you and answer this "Employers" questions?"

At this Moment everybody in the bar stood up expecting a brawl to break out while others started to look for the entrance not wanting to be harmed
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#8PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:22 pm

The reptilian carved a crooked smile. "Lets just say there is more credits involved here then you would ever find on this rock if you come with me." Kaiyan noticed people starting to get nervous....In truth while this man wasn't armed he would not dare underestimate anyone with a warrior's fire.

"It'sss quite simple.....I can leave and my employer would find someone else or you take the offer hear what he has to say and make something of yourself." Kaiyan lowered his guard hoping to put some of the tension at ease.

While his employer did ask for this man specifically Kaiyan hoped by making him seem unimportant to  the plan it might cause him to reconsider the option in the face of competition....
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#9PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Credits more than he could find on this planet? That alone Peaked Eddies interest but also the opportunity to do something other than drink here Would Sound like a Dream come true.

But another Man or woman couldn´t possibly be half as good of a choice than me right ? Eddie started to think Im probably the best Brawler on this planet and another one could be in my Position?

"Hold up you don´t seriously belive there´s a better Option than me right? I mean i am quite possibly the best man to man fighter on the planet ask any other scrub here and they´d also say "Go to Eddie he´s just way better than i am at everything"

He took a Little time off to gain a Breather and he couldn´t belive some guy with Robes is gonna rile HIM up he´s the best on this planet there should be no other Option I should be the ONLY Option

"Now you can either take me to your employer right now or you´ll miss out on getting probably the best free Agent in the wole universe on your crew!"

Meanwhile the bar has emptied besides the few occasional drunk ones
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#10PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Kaiyan smiled....It worked.

"Very well I shall take you to him." He said as he turned to the bar door. 

The reptilian would lead Eddie through the dirty streets of the rundown city,past the occasional lady of the night and a few burly goons who grinned at the sight of the two.It was a poor sight....Dirt and grime pretty much eroded what little remained of the glory of a once prosperous city....A city built around mining valuable metals from the nearby mountain range...The GSU lost their influence and the crime lords took control making deals with the mining corporations and effectively draining the cash flow that went into the city itself.

"Over here" Kaiyan led Eddie to a unmarked transport shuttle,the reptilian knocked on the metallic door and it opened to the sight of a woman clad in a flight uniform. She said nothing and nodded before she banished into the cockpit.

"Take a seat sssir....I assume you are familiar with space travel enough to take the proper safety regulations..." Kaiyan said as he took a seat and strapped himself in,the robe opening enough to reveal strange advanced weaponry kept in place by the grip of his clawed hand...

"My employer is eager to make your...acquaintance."

The shuttle pilot replied on a intercom system through the ship. "Take off in one minute."
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#11PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Eddie couldn´t belive it he´ll leave this shitty place once and for all, all the Events that happened on there won´t matter because nobody knows me out there it´s a start of something new the Problem was...He never was on a spaceship

"Ahhh how hard can it be as Long as you have a seatbelt on you should be fine....right?"

Not getting a Response he just thought that he´s probably right i mean if you think about it spaceships are just like cars just in space and hell off a lot faster but what matters is that he gets to the employer. Having a pleasent ride isn´t that important.
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#12PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Lanmakeer....An old Varanus term for someone who never left planetside....It seems that mister Eddie was one of these.....Still new experiences was part of life....The reptilian smiled and nodded  removing his hood to reveal an scaled face adorned with bony white teeth and two sets of red-orange eyes*. Kaiyan then tapped his right index claw onto his left hand gauntlet,activating a strange holographic console that seemed built into his armour. He pressed on holograms a few times before muttering "Secured,ETA 4 minutes milord" 

The shuttle shook as it started its ascension into the planetary orbit,flying smoothly through the sky before shaking hard as they breached the atmosphere into the void of space. The shuttle then attached itself unto a larger vessel and quickly jumped into hyperspace towards GSU space.....Towards Bacchus Prime.

OOC Note
*Note the eye story might change still unsure how I want to redo that
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#13PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Eddie was surprised he wasn´t flung out of his seat already or unconcious in the kichen on the stove but he´s still alive so he has no Problem with being abducted to another probably Dangerous Planet but aparentley he got some Bodyguards to Keep him safe untill he´d arrive there, it felt good to finally be the Center of Attention again

"I proably should´ve asked This question sooner but where is that employer and what´s his area of expertise? I mean i couldn´t bail right now if i wanted to anyway we´re kinda in space and i can´t breath out there"

He started getting worried as he´s expecting the Reptiles on board to knock him out
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#14PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Kaiyan grinned,his eyes set upon the human as he answered the question.

"I know not all about him....But he has promised my kind salvation....A chance to rebuild.....He is human like yourself....But at the same time shown contempt for your actions....He wants you.....You should feel honoured to be wanted." The reptilian hesitated as he mouthed those words.... "We should reach our destination soon."

The shuttle shook again as the cruiser slowed,exiting hyperspace around orbit of Bacchus Prime,hive of gambling and entertainment in GSU space. The shuttle detached from the cruiser and flew to a unmarked frigate before docking in its hangar bay.

The reptilian unbuckled himself and opened the side hatch revealing a sleek black hangar bay of titanium. Two uniformed soldiers stood at what appeared to be the only door out of the bay,another soldier wearing a beret waved for Eddie to come. Kaiyan remained behind and motioned with his head to Eddie. "Go follow the Captain he will take you to the Chairman."

The Captain would lead Eddie to a empty room void of anything besides the door he entered from and two sets of chairs facing each other with a small coffie table dividing them. The right wall was made of armoured glass and revealed the subtle majesty of the void of space with Bacchus Prime visible on the lower left end of the viewing deck. The light of the local star shone dimly into the deck.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A voice said. "Tell me for a man who has never left his planet what do you think of our galaxy thus far?"
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#15PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Going throgh Eddies head were the words the reptilian said How is this Man supposed to lead his race to Salvation? and HOW does he know about me?

"Uhh....Yeah it´s different than looking at Pictures on a phone it´s just more...real.
anyways what am i here for?"

Eddie started Scratching his head but he didn´t know why He didn´t have an itch he just felt...overpowerd he didn´t have the Feeling that he was the better man in the room and he did not like that Feeling at all. He had since that Event nothing to fear he was always the man with the pants now he didn´t know what he was he just knew he didn´t have the power here and deep down he knew...he feard whoever was talking

He started looking around in the room looking for something to distract him but he didn´t find anything just a table and another chair and the voice of that...Man coming from somewhere...
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#16PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 pm

The voice continued. "Mr Eddie,I'm here to offer you the chance for a better life....Instead of living out the remainder of your days on a forgettable planet I want you to become someone more....You see a man of my position is always watched by another leaving my more....discreet operations in jeopardy.

"I require someone unimportant,someone outside the GSU with no ties to anyone nor anything...A ghost if you will....To act as my agent for the time being......"

The Voice paused for a few seconds before continuing.

"My name is not important and you can refer me to as 'The Chairman' the kindly reptilian that guided you here was Kaiyan,I do hope he did not come off as aggressive...Ah where is my manners."

"Would you like anything....Water,Coffee  something stronger?"
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#17PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Although a Little offended by the words "unimportant" Eddie thought about the offer.
Make something out of myself be an Agent for this chairman guy and get paid nicely...maybe something to brag about if he goes home again?

"Now first off name`s Eddie Ross i know shocker i have a last Name and secondly I´d rather Drink something that i know how it tastes rather than some coffee from a Desert planet or something So i´d take the water please and after the glass of water" Eddie leaned back in his chair now Feeling that he´s a Guest rather than a slave "and then i´d gladly finish up a contract and see where this Job carries me"
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Public#18PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 6:29 pm

"Excellent" the voice said carrying the hint of a Southern accent. The empty chair opposite Eddie lit up with the shadow of a man.

The hologram was faceless and the voice slightly distorted. Soon enough a robotic maid entered with a singular ice cold glass of water placing it on the coffee table before leading with a hastened pace. "This water is from a private reserve collected from the glaciers of Earth. Non polluted and untreated fresh water I'd hope would satisfy your thirst." The hologram flickered. 

"Now to the business at hand Mr Ross....I'm sure you are quite aware of the Helix crisis...The fall of the Northern galaxy and the horrific loss of lives from the former Immortal,Kyodain,Reich and Nypherian worlds?.....Tragic and easily the worst incident to occur on a galactic level.....However I am convinced this was no mere incident as the machines associated with the Helix virus is of human creation....Yet despite my own influence and information I cannot find anything on this supposed Helix Corporation. But I know someone who can be....Coerced into cooperation.

On Omega you will find a certain Potrosi named "Mr Stones" who is quite powerful in the Potrosi cabal and the galactic underground as a whole. I want you to rough him up into revealing his knowledge of this crisis.....and to sweeten the deal I shall provide a acceptance bonus of 8000 Credits with 4 times that if you complete the job....You will also have access to whatever equipment you require including a ship with a personal AI system to deliver you to and from your objective....Under no circumstances are you to mention me or this operation otherwise I will be forced to remove all traces of our dealings including you."

He paused and then continued.

"Do you accept?" The robot maid returned with a pen and contract stating the legal details of the deal.
Back to top Go down
Bafoon
Level 10
Bafoon

Character
The Imperium
Alive

Awards

Public#19PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 5:32 pm

He read through the contract seeing the usual stuff
Insurance yadayadayada in reality Eddie was just looking for something like: Give up your Soul for a bag o Chips but no everything seemed fine

Although he knows nothing is wrong with the contract he hesitated to sign it...was it a Feeling that wanted to warn him of what he´s getting into? Or was it having to do with that Helix Virus but Eddie couldn´t return like this and let that opportunity slip out of his Hands quickly  he signed the contráct and took the glass of water From the maids Hands

He knew this was his Chance for a better life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Public#20PostSubject: Re: A chance for a better life?   A chance for a better life? Empty

Back to top Go down

A chance for a better life?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1